JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you book your tee times online? If so, who do you use? If not, is it because you are a member of a course or for some other reason?

I use GolfNow when I can get a good deal on local courses. Very easy to use and quite a bit of savings on tee times that are later in the day!

I use golf18network.com and golflink.com. Both of these sites tend to have deals for some of the local courses I play at.

I have never booked online. It just seems like tradition to call it in. I've worked at a course where people would get their times online, but I prefer not to pay ahead unless I know for sure plans won't change.

Last time I checked golfnow didn't have anything within a few hours of me but most of our local courses have the ability to book online right from their own websites so I prefer to do that.

I don't reserve online because I usually play twilight hours and its very rarely crowded after 4 or 4:30 pm in the afternoon on a weekday. I also like to play Sundays because people are usually doing famiy dinner or watching football (I love football, but would rather golf if its a bad game @ 4).

I use golfnow when I can. But the courses around here need to get the memo or something

I always call the course I want to play at, I like talking to a real person, and if it's a course I play more than once it's the beginning of getting to know the staff there

I have never booked online just because there's not much need for it in my neck of the woods and I will just usually make my next one after I finish the round I am playing if its at the same course.

I use Golfnow almost exclusively, though I do have an area card that let's me play discounted at courses all owned by the same management group and I call for those. Love Golfnow (and the iPhone app ain't too bad, either).

My club allows online tee time reservations, but even when I play elsewhere I like to book online using Golfnow if the course supports it. If I'm in a new area, I use Golfnow a lot because I don't otherwise know what courses are available and because I'm lazy about looking stuff up, calling, etc.

I use golfnow or just book straight through the golf course's website. For some reason, I really don't like calling up courses to try to get a tee time, I prefer the convenience of booking online. However, I don't like that a lot of courses won't let you book a tee time as a single, which is the main way that I play when I go out.

I use golfnow if I make a teetime. For me unless its the weekend I usually just walk on after work. even the weekends Ill play later in the day so I wont need one. If I want to play early Ill set it up. Most courses around me use the Golfnow. But I've also found, that by going through the courses themselves (online or in person) may result in better rates.

I normally call when playing anywhere local besides my home course, but only because I prefer to have the first tee time anywhere I play. My home course just allows my group to tee off a few minutes before the first tee time since we will leave anyone in our dust.

I use Golfnow quite a bit if I am traveling out of town though.

We use golfnow. com when we play certain courses. When myself and littlepingman want to play Savannah Harbor (they hold Liberty Mutual Champions Tour event there) we always use golfnow.com It saves us $70 each when we get the $55 rate (pay up front) than $125 they would charge you there regular. We really like the course but not to pay $125.

They are starting to add more courses around Augusta & Savannah area but some only save $10 or so. Some private courses are joining but its only a 9 hole deal to try get new members at private courses.

I don't like how some places make you get a teetime where it has to be 2 or more people.

I too use golfnow.com almost any time I am out of town. My local course doesn't require tee times except on weekends.

I've tried booking online but most places require two or more golfers.

I do mine online all the time. I usually go straight to the courses website and do it there.

However, I don't like that a lot of courses won't let you book a tee time as a single, which is the main way that I play when I go out.

Had that same problem trying to book directly from the course's website. There was a minimum of 2 to book online. Ended up just calling the course to confirm they allowed playing solo and I'm glad I did. Best people I've ever dealt with, and the nicest course I've ever played for the money- ended up playing there twice that week.

Moral of the story: I almost gave up on even trying to check this course out. I'm glad I called. Sometimes it's best to deal with live people.

I use GolfNow and I have since it came out. I tried GolfHub when that was released and I prefer GolfNow. When I play my home course I just call the shop and setup a time.

Do you book your tee times online? If so, who do you use? If not, is it because you are a member of a course or for some other reason?

I can't believe no one has mentioned Ezlinks.com I've prefer to use them because they have large discounts and you can name your own price for even less. They do have a much smaller selection though.

I use Golfnow also, but if the course I want to play is on Ezlinks, I use it.

I forgot to mention that I have recently added the GolfNow App to my Iphone app collection

I can get from 12% to 50% off the regular course rate if I use GolfNow for certain tee times. I think (as well as my wife) I'd be a fool to pass those savings up.
For instance, played Webb Memorial (a local muni) last Friday with a 1:00 tee time. GolfNow price including tax = $17.80. Regular course rate if I had called direct = $30.00.
Another nice local course charges $45 for weekday rounds. GolfNow price is $24.50 for earlier times and $22.50 for their latest tee time of 2:50. I can play 2 rounds for the price of 1 regular round.....count me in!!

I can't believe no one has mentioned Ezlinks.com I've prefer to use them because they have large discounts and you can name your own price for even less. They do have a much smaller selection though.

I use Golfnow also, but if the course I want to play is on Ezlinks, I use it.

Never heard of it but will definitely check it out. Thanks!!

Back