2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be a touch late. The guys infront of us are waiting for the green to clear from 350 and are playing from the back tees. I caught their scorecard at the turn..

48-45-41-51

Kong Fu Panda is the man. You have been tremendous throughout all of this. You were made for this event Freddie.

You can't say it any better than that. Truer words were never spoken.

It has been a lot of fun following along with the updates and seeing all of the pictures (even the bizarre insta-grams). Everyone has done a great job, I really appreciate all of the hard work that the THP staff and volunteers have done so the rest of us can follow along.

Though I'm a Team Hackers supporter, I hope that all of the participants play well. Go Low Everyone!!

Is it wrong that I can hardly wait for the first tee video? :alien:

I hope everybody had fun at Media Day today. You all did an amazing job. We will see everybody at the Morgan Cup dinner tonight at 6:45pm

It was an absolutely great day today!

So much fun interacting with our sponsor reps, filming the videos, swinging and just cutting up with the boys.

Who's going to go play night golf after dinner?

Media day was awesome, just an all around great day. Josh from bridgestone was a trooper getting us dialed in for the interviews. Also a huge thank you to mward for doing an amazing job with making the interviews go so smoothly. Smithface was money all day too knocking out the interviews...so thankful for the volunteers.
Everything was very well organized and helped make for a great day

Really enjoyed Media day today. Hit some great stuff on the range. The promo's were a lot of fun thanks to some great advice from Chad

There is always that one guy who wants to stand out from the group

993936_10200148121932552_993563806_n.jpg

Really enjoyed Media day today. Hit some great stuff on the range. The promo's were a lot of fun thanks to some great advice from Chad

Worse than that, he has the gall to totally block me out the picture. Thanks Jarret!

That Two-R is such a funny guy!

Media day was an absolute blast! I thought the promos were going to be a lot harder than they ended up being. Also, the reps from each sponsor were fantastic. Keith from Cleveland was a heck of a guy and I got to talk to him for quite a while about golf and life in general. Very down to earth guy. Also, it was awesome hitting everyone else's clubs.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Keygan (Playdough) for being a trooper during the interviews. He interviewed EVERY single Cleveland and Cobra player and did excellent. Didn't complain and didn't take many breaks. I have major respect for this guy; he's an awesome person.

Last edited:
This thread is slap full of some fantastic stuff. Go get em' tomorrow guys !

Media Day went super smooth today. I had a blast checking out all the different bag setups and everyone looked slick in their Media Day scriptings.
Chatting it up with the Cobra/Puma rep was awesome! She had a couple amazing ideas and the staffers had fun with them. It was very laid back and chill today! Mission accomplished!

Media day was a blast and it was so awesome to not only put faces to names but to put handshakes to hands as well. It was so nice to meet my friends for the first time, and again.

I do want to take one second and thank Henri(Castor Hades), Tim(WCBM) and Jeremiah(was a BULLFROG, IS a good friend of mine!).

In a very exclusive event for THP members and volunteers, it is very easy to find groups and play with our own. These guys were nice enough to accept my dad into the group and not only just play with him, but make him feel like he was a part of this event and a longtime member of THP. As many know, I do not get to spend much time with him but because of these accepting and kind individuals they not only allowed me to make memories the memories with my dad better than I could've asked for. He still mentions certain shots and jokes and moments and I am just so happy that these guys made even the slightest of effort. He is so excited to watch us all play tomorrow and root for the guys who took the time, especially because he was able to meet these three, ddxu, Canadan and others who made him feel in the group on and off of the golf course.

Thanks for a great couple of days so far and the competition starts tomorrow!!! Get some rest for an early day!

Looking at the pictures, the biggest shocker for me was how tall Thainer is. I honestly thought he was like a little 5'5" long hitter.

Media day was a blast and it was so awesome to not only put faces to names but to put handshakes to hands as well. It was so nice to meet my friends for the first time, and again.

I do want to take one second and thank Henri(Castor Hades), Tim(WCBM) and Jeremiah(was a BULLFROG, IS a good friend of mine!).

In a very exclusive event for THP members and volunteers, it is very easy to find groups and play with our own. These guys were nice enough to accept my dad into the group and not only just play with him, but make him feel like he was a part of this event and a longtime member of THP. As many know, I do not get to spend much time with him but because of these accepting and kind individuals they not only allowed me to make memories the memories with my dad better than I could've asked for. He still mentions certain shots and jokes and moments and I am just so happy that these guys made even the slightest of effort. He is so excited to watch us all play tomorrow and root for the guys who took the time, especially because he was able to meet these three, ddxu, Canadan and others who made him feel in the group on and off of the golf course.

Thanks for a great couple of days so far and the competition starts tomorrow!!! Get some rest for an early day!
Lots of great stuff in your post Thainer, go get tomorrow and make Dad proud !

No Napoleon complex here. I'm big and yappy.. Haha

Hahaha I was like oh damn! Hahah That was really cool about your Dad too. #TeamAlbatross

Just wanted to say that this is really what this place is all about......fellowship and a love of golf. Great post, great guys and gals and great site!

J.

Walking to dinner with everyone. Epic photo bomb by random guy on 18
vyqa9u3y.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back