Reverse pivot/too active lower body

sacul1573

What's a GIR?
Reaction score
Handicap
Andy,

I have a few things going on right now that I'm trying to nip in the butt before they get to be a big issue. I'm told I've developed a reverse pivot, and that I have a too active lower body. The result is hitting shots slightly fat or lack of consistancy, losing about 10-20 yards of distance as a result. Any advice or drills I can work on to fix these problems? Thanks!

P.S. How was the THP outing?

Bit of the same problem here. Looking forward to the pro's reply with a fix.....

The outing was AWESOME!

To work on weight shifts. There are a couple of things I would like you to work on. The first is to place a low back chair up against your right hip in your setup posture. Now as you turn to the top of your swing slide your hip along the chair. Now at the top of the back swing I want you to place your sternum over the back of the chair. THis is how you get your weight back behind the ball at the top of the swing.

To help get this feel when you are making a swing feel your head and upper body move off of the ball as you start the back swing.

A great way to work this into range time is this. Get setup over a ball and swing the club to waist high. Lean away from the target to touch the club to the ground. Now from there swing up to the top and down to the ball. this will get the weight moving the way we want it to in the swing.

Good to hear you had a good time. Care to share what you shot on the Champions course, I've heard it was a little breezy... :)

I will try your drill at the range. Is that the amount of lean that I should be swinging with normally, or is it just to get the feel of the weight transfer?

I also reviewed the Five Lessons as well as Faults and Fixes last night, and I think I've been doing some funky things with my right knee/leg, caging my hips in an effort to reduce a hip slide, and breaking my wrists too early in the backswing. I've gotten lazy, and it's showing.

Sigh, never ending.

This is an to get the feel of the weight transfer. I know that it feels like a lot to think about, but you will get there. If you can keep the low body like we want a number of good little things are going to fall into place for you.

Honestly we didn't keep score. I hit some shots I was very proud of on the course and I had 1 or2 that got away from me.

Back