New Nike Tiger Woods Commercial

I don't have any sound right now so this could be why, but

was I the only one just staring at his face waiting for him to break that crazy facial expression?

i'm seriously mind boggled about this ad. advertising is my profession and i'm just not sure who/what benefits from this ad. no company spends that kind of money without expecting some sort of return and i'm just not sure what nike's selling in the ad. seems to me like a way for tiger to say sorry without having to say it himself. his pop would be rolling in his grave.

I was thinking the same thing too. Just finishing up my degree in Marketing and this ad just doesn't make much sense. Such a small part of the market would understand the ad it doesn't seem to make much sense to put so much money into an ad and times to be worth it.

Right now, the world has stopped it seems and is talking about Nike and this commercial. In that aspect, I would say it worked.

Right now, the world has stopped it seems and is talking about Nike and this commercial. In that aspect, I would say it worked.

Youre right, if thats true it did what it was intended to do.

BINGO! I agree it was a little on the creepy side, but it gets people thinking and people talking and that is exactly what Nike wanted. I can't think of another company that could pull off this kind of ad.

I thought it was interesting, and creative; Nike's way of acknowledging the TW scandal. If I were in charge of advertising at Nike I wouldn't have given it a GO though.

It's called "stopping power" and that commercial had it. I think the commercial was genius. Nike managed to say a lot in 30 seconds - that they still support Tiger and they chastised him at the same time - using his father to do so.

Someone said creepy and that is extremely accurate. The only thing that could have added to the creepiness factor would have been a clown in the background.

Someone said creepy and that is extremely accurate. The only thing that could have added to the creepiness factor would have been a clown in the background.

i was thinking something more along the lines of a midget on a bicycle....ridng around in circles. or vegas showgirls.

but on topic. from Nike's stand point....genius. from a consumer stand point.....disgusting. at any rate....everyone was already talking TW nonstop...this just adds fuel to the fire.

The strategy worked for selling more Tupac records...

(tongue in cheek)

I think the commercial was great for Nike/Tiger. As Diane put it, it enabled Nike to comment for the first time without having to say anything about the whole mess and at the same time create a new starting point for Nike/Tiger in regards to advertising, etc. I think they play it through the Masters and maybe until the next tournament that Tiger plays in or just stop it after the Masters and start with fresh commercials and advertising after that. Sometimes you are not selling something with a commercial, you are just acknowledging a past transgression (pun intended), event, etc. You saw the same thing not too long ago from Toyota, GM, etc.

I thought it was pure genius.

If a commercial can get so many people talking about it, it's a good thing.

I keep watching and trying to get this. Is it Nike's way of saying he's listening now and a better someone because of that, or are they pushing the brand or both. They set it up to make him look like a deer in the head lights.

At first when I saw it I was like 'WTF?' Then I saw it again and was like 'that's pretty smart.' Now when I see it I'm like 'just make it stop.'

However you spin it I find it creepy and odd. But I guess it worked.

Of course, the timing could work out to be awful if the 21 yr old neighbor becomes a big story. I keep thinking the last shoe has dropped and there is another one. The commercial could get pulled if this new story gets legs.

nike and TW have balls. he hasn't learned anything...other than putting a password on his cellphone.

but....

i did purchase a pair of new Nike running shoes last night. so there ya go.

I get the "did you learned anything" Earl voice over... but I really don't care for Tiger starring at the camera in the black and white. Couldn't they have used another image(s) that wouldn't be considered to be so "creepy". Maybe something a little more personable or remorseful as oppose to the I'm back and I'm bad@$$ look.

I get the "did you learned anything" Earl voice over... but I really don't care for Tiger starring at the camera in the black and white. Couldn't they have used another image(s) that wouldn't be considered to be so "creepy". Maybe something a little more personable or remorseful as oppose to the I'm back and I'm bad@$$ look.

like the vanity fair cover.

i kid.

i think it was more of a "wheres earl when you need him?" type of thing. And here he is, smartening up tiger for the world to see.

Back