Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. I had the 4S and the White Tie was better for me. Different heads, but still. I think I said butt stiff up above, but that was a typo. I'd like to try something a little firmer in the tip just to see what happens. I launch the hell out of that X-Hot.

For me, it was a lot of reading/watching videos on their site and then looking at how I play and what type of conditions I normally see.

We are sort of on the edge here, where it's soft part of the year and firm part of the year and usually sort of extreme on both sides.

My 588's are basically a 'full grind'. Standard sole. That was my starting point.

I looked at my lob wedge (57) and know that (in addition to pitch shots and partial swings) I open it up around the green and in the bunker. Also, that I don't like a ton of bounce for my conditions. Could have gone with just the heel grind, but I figured heel/toe wouldn't be a bad alternative and gave me a little more versatility, which I've actually used to my advantage already.

53 is very similar to my lob in how it's used, just farther away. Went with the same grind there.

49 is mainly a pitching and partial swing club for me. Sometimes for chipping. Don't really open it up and I like less bounce to keep the leading edge low. I was going to just go full grind, since I'm already comfy with it, but the shelf grind is just a little bit more of a bounce killer and was free. So far, not 100% on whether I like that more, less, or the same. Haven't used it much yet though.

Damn that Hawk guy is a smart one.

Nah. I had the 4S and the White Tie was better for me. Different heads, but still. I think I said butt stiff up above, but that was a typo. I'd like to try something a little firmer in the tip just to see what happens. I luanch the hell out of that X-Hot.

Well, I have a 4S in a Cally adapter if you'd like to try it in that head. Just holler sir.

I might take you up on that one of these days.

That's awesome!!!! If not for practice, for shaft demo'ing or seeing flight on the open range!

I'm actually gonna see if I can handle it and I might get some slightly more forgiving, but still "players" irons. I really think that this will force me to work on my ball-striking a lot. I honestly believe that if I am a better ball-striker I could drop an easy 5 strokes.

Nah. I had the 4S and the White Tie was better for me. Different heads, but still. I think I said butt stiff up above, but that was a typo. I'd like to try something a little firmer in the tip just to see what happens. I launch the hell out of that X-Hot.

If you want to try out a AD DI or Fubuki K in there, just holla'.

Got a full green light on WPF fill...time to create some awesomeness

Got a full green light on WPF fill...time to create some awesomeness

Nice!! Lee rules. Make it happen Kevo!! Cant wait to see the "I ❤ Devrickus" design

Nice!! Lee rules. Make it happen Kevo!! Cant wait to see the "I ❤ Devrickus" design
Hold you breath on that...,kind of like if Wardy was in the room

If you want to try out a AD DI or Fubuki K in there, just holla'.

We need to get together.

1) We haven't teed it up in over a month.
2) I need to use your puller.
3) I want to talk lessons with you and compare notes.

We need to get together.

1) We haven't teed it up in over a month.
2) I need to use your puller.
3) I want to talk lessons with you and compare notes.

That's why I mentioned a Road trip earlier with bhilln up to see you tomorrow. You guys can talk lessons and take notes and I'll just stand back and watch the pros.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Did you talk to Brian? I'm not 100% sure I can do tomorrow. I had a full inbox right after I pm'd you, so I might have missed out on your return pm. Sorry dude!

Did you talk to Brian? I'm not 100% sure I can do tomorrow. I had a full inbox right after I pm'd you, so I might have missed out on your return pm. Sorry dude!

Just sent him a text I think we might just hit the range tomorrow morning. I want to Try some of his drivers.

I need a new hybrid in a bad way. Maybe two new hybrids because my JPX-825 hasn't be very fun, ever.

Just sent him a text I think we might just hit the range tomorrow morning. I want to Try some of his drivers.

Best bet I think would work for me is us meeting up for a round on a Sunday morning. With my two kids, I'm sort of limited on times that I can get out. I've been wanting to hit Fyre Lake again. We could get there early enough to spend a while on the range and then go play? Maybe next weekend?

I need a new hybrid in a bad way. Maybe two new hybrids because my JPX-825 hasn't be very fun, ever.

Watcha like? I feel like I've hit 1000 different hybrids this year.

Best bet I think would work for me is us meeting up for a round on a Sunday morning. With my two kids, I'm sort of limited on times that I can get out. I've been wanting to hit Fyre Lake again. We could get there early enough to spend a while on the range and then go play? Maybe next weekend?

I going to play 36 holes Sunday so that won't work. Maybe next weekend.

Watcha like? I feel like I've hit 1000 different hybrids this year.

I really like the i20 but I think the face is closed too much. I was hitting massive draws/boarder line hooks with it most of the time. It was so easy to make very good contact with it though. With a hybrid I need to avoid anything that even sniffs going left. I really need to get out there and check some things out.

No problem. Let me know if you get a date in mind as far in advance as possible so I can make arrangements. We'll get together soon!

I really like the i20 but I think the face is closed too much. I was hitting massive draws/boarder line hooks with it most of the time. It was so easy to make very good contact with it though. With a hybrid I need to avoid anything that even sniffs going left. I really need to get out there and check some things out.

Nike Covert Tour is the one hybrid that I cannot seem to miss left with. Plus, you can open that sucker up and adjust the loft independently. It looks weird and sounds weird, but left biased it isn't.

I've got J40's you can try to see if you like them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back