• Ball 2

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

djt311

The 2024 GOLFTEC Experience at GrayBull
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Now that I am back from an injury to swinging full swings thought it would be fun to do a ball comparison today. I am surprised how my swing is feeling after being useless for several weeks and I am swinging faster than I did last season (maybe the time off helped) which is weird but hey I will take it. To provide an example my average carry on my driver is usually 225 to 230 and swing speed ono average was 97-99 mph. So using the Skytrak plus I hit my AW, 7 iron, and driver with 2 different balls to see the differences and the numbers are below. There is not as much variance between the balls as I thought there would be but thought I would throw it out the THP community to get some opinions. The top numbers are Ball 1 and the bottom numbers are ball two. Will reveal the which ball is which later. Dispersion was pretty similar for all shots as well.

AW numbers
1706901856015.png
7 iron numbers
1706901903313.png
Driver numbers
1706901947226.png

Those do look pretty similar throughout the bag. Maybe ball two just for driver spin

I'm with @Muchmore. I'll take #2 for the driver numbers. Not enough (for me) difference in the other two clubs to make much of a difference. Driver wins and so does ball #2. 🤷‍♂️

I honestly don't see enough difference in the numbers to make me choose one over the other and it would at that point come down to personal preference.

Ball 2 has tighter dispersion with 2 of the 3 clubs.

I would want to chip and pitch with both before deciding. They are too similar to decide without that input.

I would want to chip and pitch with both before deciding. They are too similar to decide without that input.
Yep this was going to be my answer, based on how close the numbers are I'd go with whichever I am more comfortable with the feel of greenside and with the putter.

I'd take ball one just for the better wedge spin, but neither ball would ever make it into my bag with that low wedge spin.

Again, like others here, I voted for #2, but simply for Driver numbers, specifically spin. That's something I struggle with, so spin rates on Driver wins for me.

I'd go outside and find a green to see how the ball reacts. To close on just these numbers for me

Which one is cheaper?

Those do look pretty similar throughout the bag. Maybe ball two just for driver spin
That's my thought as well. Seems like OP would be pleased with either ball.

I'd take ball one just for the better wedge spin, but neither ball would ever make it into my bag with that low wedge spin.
Don't think that is too bad of spin for a 48 degree AW and decent angle of 53 would not be an issue stopping the ball on the green. With my 54 it's in th 9k range.

I'd take ball #1.

Initially I was going to say ball 1 but after seeing the driver numbers I would lean toward ball 2 myself. But I'd also want to hit both outside on a grass course and see how the ball reacts around the green before committing.

So for this ball 1 was a ProV1 and ball 2 was the Tour B RX. I was surprised that there wasn't that big of a difference in the numbers. I do like the feel of the RX over the ProV1 but don't dislike the ProV1 by any means. I probably would come down to chipping performance for me which I did not test on the sim but may do later. I think for the price I would go Tour B RX as I can get last years model currently for $30 vs $50 something for the ProV1. I have a few other balls to test before the season starts so will be comparing these to those new ones.

I would go slightly with ball 2. No reason you couldn't play ball 1 though.

I would go for ball 2, based on driver spin, as others have mentioned.

Back