GMDNP1

Reaction score
Handicap
SCRTCH/0
I recently bought one of these grips the 5LF-WH model and was so impressed with it I thought I'd share my thoughts. I had the grip put on my driver and immediately couldn't believe how much lighter my driver felt. with my first swing my hands FLEW through my swing and I duck hooked the ball right. I laughed because I couldn't believe how fast my hands were getting threw the swing. through the round I figured out where to place my hands in regards to my swing and I added easily 8-10 yards sometimes more. it was amazing and really cool to know that equipment small as grips can really help improve your game. I'm not sure of my swing speed but I know it's faster with that grip.

I was reading up on some of the grips and this one was the one I was going to change my R9 1W as well. A lot of folks in different sites have raved about these. Thanks for posting a write up on these. I'll be sure to grab one as soon as my grip wears down.

Ive been thinking about getting these light grips too. Good to hear you like them.

Me too. I played with a friend who loves them and hit his driver a few times. Nice grips!

I recently put Winn Lite Soft (5LS) on my X-20 irons, I like them so far. The grip is 26 grams so my irons do feel lighter but I didn't notice a big change in distance.

I recently put Winn Lite Soft (5LS) on my X-20 irons, I like them so far. The grip is 26 grams so my irons do feel lighter but I didn't notice a big change in distance.

I can only speak for myself and I only put the grip on my driver. I played again today maybe my 3rd round with the new grip and I hit some spots on the course I've never seen before. for me it's increased my swing speed and has added distance.

I recently bought one of these grips the 5LF-WH model and was so impressed with it I thought I'd share my thoughts. I had the grip put on my driver and immediately couldn't believe how much lighter my driver felt. with my first swing my hands FLEW through my swing and I duck hooked the ball right. I laughed because I couldn't believe how fast my hands were getting threw the swing. through the round I figured out where to place my hands in regards to my swing and I added easily 8-10 yards sometimes more. it was amazing and really cool to know that equipment small as grips can really help improve your game. I'm not sure of my swing speed but I know it's faster with that grip.

What does the grip do to the swing weight of the club? Would it increase quite a bit ? Like d2 to to d7 or more? Just asking .
L57

Can you take a picture and post it?

What does the grip do to the swing weight of the club? Would it increase quite a bit ? Like d2 to to d7 or more? Just asking .
L57

A typical golf grip weighs around 50 grams. Removing a 50 gram golf grip will increase the SW by around 10 points.

SW was designed (way back in the 1930's) to try to match the feel of clubs as the length changed. When you start changing other stuff 'constant SW' can be very misleading.

For example attaching a 100 pound brick to your club at EXACTLY 14" from the grip end will not change the SW one bit!

When I build clubs I SW them without a grip (because I don't think grip weight really matters in how a club swings). I tend to build my clubs to E2 SW (without grips).

dave

ps. Here is what SW is. Imagine taking a golf club and trying to balance it around a point 14" from the grip end. Obviously the head end of the club will be heavier and the club won't balance. SW is a measure of how hard you have to push on the grip end to maintain balance.

Back