White Castle to unveil a veggie burger!

Zeff

Work hard, dream big
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I haven't been to White Castle in over twenty years but I loved them when I was back in college because they were cheap, not sure about a veggie burger though!

THE CHAIN GANG
December 29, 2014
4:50 p.m.
White Castle Will Unveil Veggie Burgers Tomorrow
By Alan Sytsma Follow @asytsma
Shares

Share 191 Tweet 149 Share 4 Pin It 3 Share Email

You can't really go wrong with ranch dressing. Photo: Courtesy of White Castle
You might not expect "health" to be a top priority at the chain that invented "chicken rings" and urges its customers to buy burgers "by the sack," but White Castle sends word that tomorrow, December 30, it will unveil its very own veggie burgers at all of its restaurants.

This being White Castle, they'll technically be veggie sliders, and this nationwide release comes on the heels of a successful summer test in East Coast locations. The mini patties are, according to the chain, "chock full of lots of vegetables like carrots, zucchini, peas, spinach, broccoli, and more" — which means they could be delicious or they could taste like repurposed mulch. The flavor of the patties probably won't matter, though, because customers will be able to choose one of three sauces: honey mustard, ranch, or sweet Thai.

Of course, now that Brooks Headley has proven veggie burgers can actually be delicious, White Castle might just be the first chain of many to test anew America's tolerance for produce-based patties in its fast-food burgers. And in that scenario, whoever figures out how to get Doritos in there somehow will probably win this particular arms race.

Do you think I will be able to top it with bacon and perhaps a meat patty?

tumblr_inline_n8asf4K3Kn1s42ylc.gif

White Castle is one place I never liked.

One thing about the place is you either like it or hate it. Very few people I know are take it or leave it.

I love both White Castle and Crystal, but the only veggies I like on my burgers are as garnishes. :act-up:

Seriously though, ugh, I had one not long ago from the grocery store and it wasn't too bad.....

JM

Veggie white castle, I'll pass.

I'll try it.... But I'll never give up on my regular sliders :)

I can say on this I will Not partake, Hate white castle, not for the taste but for what it does to me bad bad heart burn from them every time.

I've never been to a White Castle!

Best news I've read so far today!

:)

I am a lover of White Castle. I'll stop whenever I drive past one, which happens maybe once a year or so. I don't see me ever buying the veggie slider though.

If I am a little constipated then three or four White Castle all beef(?) sliders help to make the problem go away...

Back