• Tundra

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

CBaker

2024 Team Hackers #FailsatFive
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I didn't find anything specific to this topic, plus technology and cars change frequently enough.

Which 1/2 ton would you recommend and why?

I'm going to be in the market for a new vehicle next year, and we are looking to get more space, more hauling ability, and get into watersports more here in the near future. Which of the main 1/2 options would you go with? We also need the larger crew cabs because children.

Ram guy personally- have a '20 that I love

Ford. Always Ford.

I've got a 2018 F150 and am very happy with it. Drives really nice, comfortable to be in, and plenty of creature comforts.

One thing I always say - make sure you're happy with the dealership and their service department.

I have a Silverado. It will probably be my last Chevy truck. Constant issues with electronics and cheap parts that go bad. Noting hugely major but just causes headaches every 6 months or so. If I were to get a new truck it would be a Toyota but I wish they would bring back the V8.

Love my F150 Fx4. Big cab, big bed, we take road trips in it all the time and the kids are so comfortable in there. It’s the best vehicle I’ve owned

I was a Ford guy for most of my life. I've had a ranger, an expedition, a mustang, an explorer sport, and an F150. The F150 was a 2014, and I bought it new. I had far too many problems with it, but thankfully they were all covered by warranty. Except the timing chain jump. That wasn't, and was why I unloaded the truck.

I've got a GMC Sierra now that I love. This thing is like a Cadillac with a truck bed.

I'd buy a Ford if I needed the truck to do offroad things. I believe they are more capable from the factory. This also tends to mean a slightly stiffer ride on road. Currently no hobbies or plans for off roading, so went with GMC which I believe has always been more comfortable going down the road.

I've driven them all... as I sold cars for awhile. Chevy/GMC better as a highway/in town vehicle - GMC version is usually a little better appointed. Ford better if needing to be in rough terrain a lot. Dodge was never on my radar, as in my opinion they sell trucks that don't last. The previous generation Tunda was miles behind in tech, gas mileage, and comfort. I haven't driven the newest gen yet, but don't find Toyota to be comfortable for me in general.

I currently have a F150, I picked it over the Ram for total comfort and "extras". I've had trucks my whole life and Toyota was my first love, but their mileage just isn't great in a full size (in comparison) then I moved to Ram and that was nice but 2020+ the F150 was hands down my winner.

They all have plenty of back seat leg room, that shouldn't be much of a concern at all.

By that time I suspect all the full size trucks will have migrated to smaller turbocharged engines.

If that’s the case I would lean toward Ford since they’ve been doing it the longest in this segment.

Ram 1500 would get my vote. I have a 2021 Laramie and it's hands down the best truck i've owned. I test drove/rented a GMC Denali, Ford FX4 and a Tundra. The ride and options for the price, the others couldn't touch the Ram imo.

I've got a 2019 F150 Raptor - not a hauler, but fun, tons of space, great options, and no real issues in 5 years.

Probably the F150 or the Sierra. They complain the least of my friends who have the 5 you listed. The guys who have the Silverado or Tundra complain the loudest and most.

Back