RayG

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Some of you may know, but most do not. Trump Organization has relinquished it's ownership of the Ferry Point Links in the Bronx, NY. As of the last couple of days it is now under the ownership of Bally's. It is now "Bally's Golf Links at Ferry Point". Still is a NYC Resident course, though, so that hasn't changed. But anyway, about the 'Whew'... I have a gift card and was planning to play a couple of weeks ago. I went on the website and found that they were doing their Aeration program and would be closed for a few days and then CPO until last Friday. In that time, the transition took effect pretty suddenly. I called today to make a time for Thursday (get a senior discount) and had to make sure they would honor the gift card. And yes they are... at least until the end of the year from what I could tell.

Not sure if they will have any swag leftover that might be a collectible in a few years. I'll have a few bob leftover so we'll see. TBH, the hats were pretty uninspiring the last time. The ones with the name were cheap ass trucker types. And the good quality hats just had stuff that referred to 'The Bronx' or something on it. Maybe Bally's can do better. One thing is, the new website "looks" a bit "Bally's", if you know what I mean. A bit too... bold, or flashy, or something. The previous site was a bit more 'elegant'? if that's how it could be described. A little more understated as a whole.

AND- they haven't gotten around to changing the voice recordings when you call the number- still referring to Trump's Links.. etc...

Cool. That's a course I'll probably not play but it would be interesting to see your impressions of it. Looking forward to pics too

Back