What's wrong with google?

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
sorry if non-THP topics aren't allowed here, if they aren't, feel free to close this.

for the past year or so, on my home computer, whenever I go to google images, if I click on an image, it doesn't do anything. For example, I'm not really sure how to word it, but on any other computer if I click a picture on google images, it will magnify and give me an option to view the image in its origin site, or find other sizes of the image. Can't figure out how to do that, and it's getting kind of annoying not being able to save pictures on google, especially when it's 11:30 at night and a marketing project is due in the morning.

My bet- virus

Which browser? Or is it all browsers? I had issues with the Chrome browser not giving the options you spoke of, but IE and Firefox worked fine.

I ran all my maintenance programs that I use and it's working fine now. It actually worked fine after I used Ccleaner and cleaned up my registry. I just finished my maintenance after that.

And the Random and Off-Topic section is full of non-THP stuff. Not sure what you meant by that!

And Norton sucks! :eyepoke:

Which browser? Or is it all browsers? I had issues with the Chrome browser not giving the options you spoke of, but IE and Firefox worked fine.

I ran all my maintenance programs that I use and it's working fine now. It actually worked fine after I used Ccleaner and cleaned up my registry. I just finished my maintenance after that.

And the Random and Off-Topic section is full of non-THP stuff. Not sure what you meant by that!

And Norton sucks! :eyepoke:
i also use CCleaner, and i only use IE soooo..

i also use CCleaner, and i only use IE soooo..

Try Chrome or Firefox.

If it works with them, then it's an IE issue. You can't just say it's the computer when something doesn't work right. You gotta explore all possibilities.

Try Chrome or Firefox.

If it works with them, then it's an IE issue.
ugh i hate chrome. i'll see if i can download firefox. and there is a new IE update available so i might try and see if that fixes it.

Clear everything from your browser. History, cookies, etc.

if you only use IE, you probably have a virus. IE is the single most compromised program in the history of computing, and that's no exaggeration. Also, it's a very common misconception that having an antivirus program will stop you from getting a virus. It won't. Any and all antivirus programs use existing signatures for known threats to detect suspicious behavior. There are tons and tons of malware, viruses, etc. that have not been "fingerprinted" as it were and as such cannot be detected.

the problem you're describing doesn't sound like a virus to me, though. They generally aren't in the business of affecting you in ways you can readily see. If they were, they wouldn't be too effective. More likely, it's just an issue with IE. Use a better browser and it should work fine. Better yet, use a more secure operating system and never worry about it again ;)

Try Chrome or Firefox.

If it works with them, then it's an IE issue. You can't just say it's the computer when something doesn't work right. You gotta explore all possibilities.

I'm a member of TCC and I could no longer see any pictures in threads with IE, so I switched to Chrome and all is well.

Back