What's for Dinner?

Little venison backstrap on the blackstone tonight IMG_6476.jpeg

My daughter made some Oryx chili night before last and brought some over last night. My wife had knee surgery Thursday, so I've got butler duty for the next couple of days.

I was surprised at the lack of "game" taste of the meat. Pretty solid stuff. My first time eating Oryx.

My daughter made some Oryx chili night before last and brought some over last night. My wife had knee surgery Thursday, so I've got butler duty for the next couple of days.

I was surprised at the lack of "game" taste of the meat. Pretty solid stuff. My first time eating Oryx.
Never really heard of that ?

Never really heard of that ?
Really, really good. My son in law "adjacent" got one last year, I think in Utah. He got another one in New Mexico this year. He's bringing us some freezer fodder when it's done being processed.

Will be making some chicken marsala tonight, heavy in the marsala wine and mushrooms, always do it in the largest Dutch oven I have

So with the wife a bit laid up, I decided to try something new for dinner. I just bought some pork sirloin steaks the other day on sale and needed to use them up. Sick of the same 'ol baked pork chops (sorry honey), I decided to look up some new recipes online. Ran across one that was an automatic "Ooohhh, that sounds decent".

So tonight I whipped up a batch of Blueberry Bourbon Grilled Pork Chops (forgot to take a pic, sorry). Paired them with a simple spring salad (with blueberries), Dorothy Lynch and some garlic/cheese croutons. Not too darn shabby for a guy that doesn't do a ton of cooking.

• On Fire
Reactions: Bus
Cooked a batch of jambalaya tonight.

Back