What golf shots would you compare to a field goal related to your game?

NoShanks

Grandaddy 19 Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
After watching Gostowski missing 3 field goals and an extra point tonight, it got me wondering on what type of pressured golf shot would equal to an nfl field goal attempt.

Example for me
25 yard field goal = a 3 foot straight putt
35 yard field goal = a 5 foot straight putt
45 yard field goal = hit greenside bunker within 10 feet of hole
55 yard field goal = hitting the green from 185 yards.
65 yard field goal = making a straight eagle putt from 20 feet.

What about you?

Any golf shot I hit, that lands in my chosen landing area, I would consider a made field goal.

I'm sure I have more missed golf shots than Gostowski has missed field goals.

Based upon an earlier thread a bunch of people posted in, it seems that 18" to 2' would be a 35 yard field goal. We always expect to make them at that range, but still something happens. I would say anything else we couldn't compare based up percentages they would probably make more 45 yard field goals (percentage wise) and I can make 5 foot putts.

The 100 yard pitch that lands perfectly for the putt in. I really enjoy when those happen - just not often enough :banghead:

Teeing off with a group of spectators watching:oops: - 100 yard field goal attempt:eek:

Based upon an earlier thread a bunch of people posted in, it seems that 18" to 2' would be a 35 yard field goal. We always expect to make them at that range, but still something happens. I would say anything else we couldn't compare based up percentages they would probably make more 45 yard field goals (percentage wise) and I can make 5 foot putts.
Piggybacking but I'd push it to the 3 - 5' range for me personally.

Back