Western Michigan Golf Vacation

Slot708

🤦‍♂️ hardcore DOS gamer
Reaction score
Really excited for this one.Going to be spending 2 weeks around the South Holland area in July.We will be 2 blocks from the beach as well.The state has so many great little towns on the western coast of Lake Michigan to explore

Called Harbor Shores and they will be booked solid with outings and a week long golf event during our stay.So any ideas for some great courses near South Holland? Or within 20-30 miles drive time ?

This could be a yearly thing for us.And if we enjoy it. We will be staying 5-6 weeks on our next visit in the future. Really … really excited for this one

There are a lot of great courses in southwest Michigan! Between Holland Benton Harbor I would check out Lake Michigan Hills, which used to be a favorite of mine, and The Ravines (Arnold Palmer design). There is also HawksHead (Arthur Hills design) in South Haven. If you want a Jack Nicholas course, there is also the American Dunes Golf Club in Grand Haven.

There are a lot of great courses in southwest Michigan! Between Holland Benton Harbor I would check out Lake Michigan Hills, which used to be a favorite of mine, and The Ravines (Arnold Palmer design). There is also HawksHead (Arthur Hills design) in South Haven. If you want a Jack Nicholas course, there is also the American Dunes Golf Club in Grand Haven.
Can’t wait. Planned this trip last summer as the rental homes go so fast.We also have a boating excursion as well.Also excited for all the exploring we have planned as well.Dont think 2 weeks will be enough time to enjoy it here :(

Check out Grand Rapids as well. Many good courses in the area plus a great microbrew scene. Founders has a nice facility and if you want a tap room Hop Cat is pretty good.

Have a great time! I was born and raised in Holland. The list of courses above is a really good list for the immediate area. Grand Rapids has some good golf as well. We really like The Mines which is on the west side of the GR area so not too bad (depending on road construction).

Downtown Holland has a good collection of local dining and shopping as well.

You’re going to love the area. The golf courses up there are pure. Those bent grass fairways are 🥰

You’re going to love the area. The golf courses up there are pure. Those bent grass fairways are 🥰
I have an opportunity to play Egypt Valley. Heard that is a great course. And very well manicured. Actually, all the courses pics we looked at look phenomenal condition wise.Most of the courses look extremely narrow , small undulating greens, and very thick lush rough.Going to bring an extra dozen balls for sure

Last edited:
@Slot708 Grand Rapids area would be my pick, if travel is not to far from where you are staying. Here is an article the fired egg wrote about Grand Rapids golf.

I have an opportunity to play Egypt Valley. Heard that is a great course. And very well manicured. Actually, all the courses pics we looked at look phenomenal condition wise.Most of the courses look extremely narrow , small undulating greens, and very thick lush rough.Going to bring an extra dozen balls for sure
Balls are never a bad idea and yes there are lots of tree lined fairways. The fun part is just the perfect little beaver pelt divots from every iron strike off the fairway.

We played Pilgrim's Run, American Dunes, and Ravines. I would rank them in that order, and say that Ravines was a very, very good course and 1/2 the price of American Dunes.

Balls are never a bad idea and yes there are lots of tree lined fairways. The fun part is just the perfect little beaver pelt divots from every iron strike off the fairway.

We played Pilgrim's Run, American Dunes, and Ravines. I would rank them in that order, and say that Ravines was a very, very good course and 1/2 the price of American Dunes.
I heard a course on the extreme south west side called Hampshire in Dowagiac Michigan is decent.They have 36 holes and was home to the western open qualifier. We may play there on the way up

Back