Weekend golf trip to Hot Springs Village

Arkie_3_fan

Reaction score
Handicap
The rain and cooler weather are moving out just in time. I'm leaving tomorrow for a weekend golf outing at Hot Springs Village near Hot Springs, AR. I've only managed to get out for 18 holes so far this season, so I expect my game to have plenty of rust. Still, with with weather in the high 60's to mid 70's, it's going to be an awesome weekend for golf no matter what shape my game is in.
At this time, I'm still not sure what courses we are going to be playing. Hopefully I can remember to take my camera along for some pictures. Who knows, I may even provide a course review next week.

Hallelujah for the sun coming back! I'm in little rock and cannot wait to get back out there!

Have a great time in hot springs village!

Hit em straight!

The rain and cooler weather are moving out just in time. I'm leaving tomorrow for a weekend golf outing at Hot Springs Village near Hot Springs, AR. I've only managed to get out for 18 holes so far this season, so I expect my game to have plenty of rust. Still, with with weather in the high 60's to mid 70's, it's going to be an awesome weekend for golf no matter what shape my game is in.
At this time, I'm still not sure what courses we are going to be playing. Hopefully I can remember to take my camera along for some pictures. Who knows, I may even provide a course review next week.
I played Cortez up there last Friday. Can't wait until the summer. I want to get back up there and play it when it is all green. It was a very fun course to play. I played it from the whites though, because I was playing with my dad, but it has some risk reward holes.
I was planning on doing a review on it this week, but have not had the chance to get to it. I will try and get it together next week, if you don't have one up already.
I hope you have a great time playing up there. It really is a nice area with some nice courses.

My grandparents lived in Hot Springs Village for YEARS. I miss playing the courses there. They moved south permanently around 2000 if my memory serves me. I can't recall all the courses that I played there. DeSoto, Cortez, Balboa, Magellan, Ponce De Leon were the only ones at the time if I remember correctly. I loved playing those courses coming from Kansas. Mountain, elevations, trees...just a whole other world from what I was used to at the time. Have fun!

I played Cortez up there last Friday. Can't wait until the summer. I want to get back up there and play it when it is all green. It was a very fun course to play. I played it from the whites though, because I was playing with my dad, but it has some risk reward holes.
I was planning on doing a review on it this week, but have not had the chance to get to it. I will try and get it together next week, if you don't have one up already.
I hope you have a great time playing up there. It really is a nice area with some nice courses.

Afw,
Feel free to start a review of Cortez. I played there on Friday and can contribute some of my thoughts on the course as well as several photos if you would like. We could make the review a team effort if you like.

I also played 36 holes at Desoto on Saturday. Both courses were a lot of fun, but I'd have to give Cortez the nod as my favorite of the two. Number 17 at Cortez is one awesome par 3. I would love to play there in the fall when the leaves are most colorful, making that view even more spectacular.

Glad you had a good time up there. I believe Desoto was the first course that I ever played up there. It happens to be real close to where my dad has his retirement place.
As for the 17th on Cortez, I really thought that was a great looking hole, and I liked 18 too. Both were great looking holes to finish a round.
As for the review of Cortez, I have not had the chance to even think about it in a while. I had actually forgotten about it. Maybe Thursday I can start getting some thoughts down about the course. I would really like to play the course this summer and do a review then. The pics would look so much better than the pics from now. The dormant grass just doesn't do it justice.
Afw,
Feel free to start a review of Cortez. I played there on Friday and can contribute some of my thoughts on the course as well as several photos if you would like. We could make the review a team effort if you like.

I also played 36 holes at Desoto on Saturday. Both courses were a lot of fun, but I'd have to give Cortez the nod as my favorite of the two. Number 17 at Cortez is one awesome par 3. I would love to play there in the fall when the leaves are most colorful, making that view even more spectacular.

Glad you had a good time up there. I believe Desoto was the first course that I ever played up there. It happens to be real close to where my dad has his retirement place.
As for the 17th on Cortez, I really thought that was a great looking hole, and I liked 18 too. Both were great looking holes to finish a round.
As for the review of Cortez, I have not had the chance to even think about it in a while. I had actually forgotten about it. Maybe Thursday I can start getting some thoughts down about the course. I would really like to play the course this summer and do a review then. The pics would look so much better than the pics from now. The dormant grass just doesn't do it justice.

I agree that it would be great to have some pictures after things have greened up for the summer. A friend of mine has invited me to play one of the newer HSV courses (probably Grenada or Magellan) and perhaps I can get some pictures when I make it up there for that.

Guess I'll dig this thread out of the cobwebs.
I'm headed back to HSV tomorrow... We are scheduled to play Cortez tomorrow afternoon and the Ponce De Leon course on Saturday. Should be pretty nice weekend for golf.

Back