Used Skytrak vs MLM2 Pro

rally-cap

Reaction score
Handicap
18.6 GHIN
For those with experience with either system or others that may have some feedback or advice - I'm looking to build a garage simulator - would you go with a NEW unit like the MLM2 Pro or a USED Skytrak? I've got a budget I'm trying to stay in, so going with a new Skytrak or Mevo+ is probably stretching it, but I've found some used Skytraks in the $1200 range on 2nd Swing and some other sites. Skytrak is obviously older hardware as compared to something like the MLM2 Pro, but would that used older hardware be a better solution for a more accurate setup as compared to the MLM2 Pro with its radar system?

I generally have the room in my garage for a behind-the-ball launch monitor, so that isn't the biggest deciding factor. I like that MLM2 Pro is new, so it will be getting a lot more support, but I know it probably won't be as accurate as a camera system like the Skytrak. From the comparison videos I've seen, it appears that the Skytrak is more accurate, so that's why I'm leaning that direction, but should buying a used version be a red flag?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
right now the skytrac is better.

I think in a few months that might not be as clear of an answer.

right now the skytrac is better.

I think in a few months that might not be as clear of an answer.
I also like that Skytrak isn't ball specific to get the most out of the unit, it actually lets you try different balls to get a good fit.

I've actually been debating the same question.

Back