Trump buying a course in my home town.

GrantD

Formerly Known as DMB012
Reaction score
Handicap
Trump is looking at buying a local course in Mooresville, NC. Here is the article.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/03/08/1914532/trump-lobbies-members-to-buy-nc.html

The Associated Press
Tags: NC Golf Club Trump
MOORESVILLE, N.C. -- Real estate investor and reality-show host Donald Trump is ready to bet on Charlotte's continued affluence.
The Charlotte Observer reports (http://bit.ly/zM5Sfx) Trump was in the suburb of Mooresville on Wednesday to lobby residents of The Point Lake and Golf Club to let him buy the property. Members are expected to vote on a sale at the end of the month.
Trump says he's bullish on Charlotte despite the weak economy. His purchase offer has split residents of the golf community, with opponents fearing Trump could raise fees and change the club's quiet feel.

The community has attracted wealthy doctors, executives and retirees. But homes there have suffered with the rest of the real estate market and prices have fallen, though some 5,000-square-foot homes still sell for more than $1 million.

Interesting. Have you ever played there Grant? Is it nice? Is it expensive? How did I not know about this place?

Interesting. Have you ever played there Grant? Is it nice? Is it expensive? How did I not know about this place?

I have not. It is a private course designed by Greg Norman.

I have not. It is a private course designed by Greg Norman.

I just checked out their web site. I bet it is much more than I can afford. I think it would be cool to have a Trump owned course around here even though I will likely never play it.

He did this with a couple course here in DC area and they are all outrageously expensive.

Tapaway!

I have played there a few times. My Uncle is a member. I know its crazy expensive I have been lucky enough to never have to pay. I know the member list is pretty impressive with all the Nascar guys and pro athletes that live on Lake Norman.

Jacking the prices is exactly my fear down here in Miami where Trump just bought Doral. It quite pricey now but i think he's going to price me right off the course.

So Grant, are you and The Donald going to become golfing buddies? :)

You gonna buy a home there?

Back