Trouble hitting full wedge.. 100-115 yards! šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

JimmyOhio

Reaction score
Handicap
There is a strange phenomenon going on with my golf game this season. I cannot seem to hit a full wedge shot the correct distance and accurately. When I have a shot into the green between 100-115 yards it's like I forgot how to swing the club. I am using a Cleveland CBX 2 50 degree wedge and I almost always come up short and pulled to the left. I am taking a full swing and in the past I have not had this issue. Two things that may be happening. 1) Wedges are shorter clubs (actual length of the club). And when I actually make contact with the ball I am already halfway turned which is pulling the ball left. 2) I turned 55 this year. I am losing flexibility. My club head speed is probably going down. I may need less loft to hit the ball 100-115 yds. I may need to start using a 46-48 degree wedge for this distance. Anybody have any advice?

3/4 pitching wedge.

Take your PW and you ball of choice and figure out a swing with your PW that gets you the target distance.

3/4 pitching wedge.

Take your PW and you ball of choice and figure out a swing with your PW that gets you the target distance.
My PW is 42 degrees. I usually hit it around 115-125 yds. I need to play around with 3/4 swings and see if I can limit the distance to 100 yds. Thanks.

3/4 pitching wedge.

I 2nd this approach. Partial PW numbers are a big help. This is something that I need to rely on more as well. Iā€™m going to rely more on the PW from 75 and out. Inside that depending on type of shot needed. Fortunate enough to have a great practice range and short game area at my club

Back