Tour Issue vs non?

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
Hey guys. I'm thinking about trading one of my clubs for a Tour Issue Covert Tour 3w non-adjustable head. other than the non-adjustable part, is this any different from a stock retail head, other than being more rare? thanks!

From what I know the clubs have higher tolerances. For instance, when you buy a driver or FW in a shop the loft indicated might say 9* for example but actually be 10* etc etc. Generally tour issue clubs are exactly the right loft or very close to the indicated loft.

From what i have been told As far as the club goes there is zero difference.

I recently bought a tour issue TM hybrid (black friday deal) and was told that the two big differences were a better shaft and that the club was set up in the neutral position, whereas the regular clubs were set up with a draw bias. Not sure if this translates to Nike though...

Hey guys. I'm thinking about trading one of my clubs for a Tour Issue Covert Tour 3w non-adjustable head. other than the non-adjustable part, is this any different from a stock retail head, other than being more rare? thanks!

Head design should be exactly the same, the only difference is going to be a specific loft, face position, lie angle, etc.

Your TI bonded Covert will be dipped in the finest Rory sweat prior to leaving the shop.

I have heard so many different things about this question. All I know is that if it doesn't have the shaft that fits your swing, it doesn't much matter if say tour issue or not. In the end no one really cares as long as the club does the job your want it to.

I have had a couple of your issue clubs and I can tell a difference. I currently game a Tour Issue R11s and can tell a difference in the sound, dispersion across the face and ball speed. I will say be careful and make sure it is truly Tour Issue as people try to cover up counterfeit by saying it is tour issue without a serial number

KG

Just Tapping Away

Your TI bonded Covert will be dipped in the finest Rory sweat prior to leaving the shop.

For real, real Rory sweat?, WHOAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The main diffrece would be the tighter tolorances (loft/lie/weight) and possible a lighter head so it can be hot melted to a specifc weight for a player

I recently bought a tour issue TM hybrid (black friday deal) and was told that the two big differences were a better shaft and that the club was set up in the neutral position, whereas the regular clubs were set up with a draw bias. Not sure if this translates to Nike though...

Careful with that shaft statement. "Better" may not be the proper term.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Usually they are COR tested if they come from a tour van.

Tapping from my IPhone

I would not get too caught up in the "tour Issue" club thing. There are hundreds of clubs on any given day listed on eBay as "tour issue" clubs and I've always thought that this was one of the biggest misnomers in golf. Tour issue clubs are nothing more than standard issue clubs that have been sorted from the manufacturing process as near perfect examples which are then sent to the OEM's "tour" section to be used to supply the OME's tour players. As already pointed out, these clubs are then made ready specifically for a player.

Never could figure out why anyone would want to purchase a "tour only" club for their own use when the club, if it truly was "tour issue" was built for someone else. My guess for every 500 clubs on eBay list as "tour only", you'd be lucky if 1 really was. Many of the club issued to tour players are often returned to the OEM at the end of their cycle life or maybe given away to friends.

We live in a time right now where it has never been easier to get fit and to buy clubs fit specifically to "you" and not some tour player. Not so true years ago, but it is possible now to get clubs just as good as those on tour.

Back