Tour Edge Exotics Wingman Wedges Review

I was lucky enough to be chosen for TEEm Tour Edge and just got my first box in and it contained 56 degree and 60 degree m/n wedges. The offset mentioned is so minimal in person. Here are some pictures in hand, can't wait to get then on the course.

View attachment 9265474
View attachment 9265475
every time I see pictures I can't help but think how well they look

I got out today to chip with both wedges. I wanted to hit full shots but ran out of time. I have the 56/60 m/n for context. Took a picture of the 56 at address. It definitely sits more open that I'm used to (was playing 54 degree Cleveland RTX3 prior)

View attachment 9265927

First initial thoughts are these are really easy to spin and stop on 10 yard chip shots out of the short grass. On the little longer pitches it had a different turf interaction than I'm used to but once I got used to it, I enjoyed how they reacted. I hit out of the rough as well for a little bit and felt the bigger face made it easier to have good contact all the way thru.

I have a tee time on Sunday so I'll get to put them in action during a round and will have more feedback.
I love the finish on these, reminds me of some old tour edge iron sets I've had, very matte, no sun glare!

Got out today with 3 other thp'ers. The wedge was really good again for me. I had been really struggling in that 30-75 yard range for awhile now, but these are so easy to get airborne and that's something I desperately needed help with. I was either blading or just hitting wedge shots fat, but I have so much more confidence with these in that regard. One of the reasons I hadn't changed wedges because of my ability to chip around the greens, but I have to say these are really good in that area too. Had a chip in today and hit another few really close. Had one green side bunker shot and it came out really easy and stopped at about 3 feet. Another good outing with these wedges.

So got out with @Davidhibler today and these wedges were so good. Only had 1 really bad shot and no wedge would help it. 160 yard skull off the road and almost hit a car 🤦‍♂️. I've never been able to have wedge shots stop and I could get balls to stop and also hit a great bunker shot with the 60* to about 5 feet. I've never been this comfortable or consistent with wedges before. These are solidly in the bag and the jaws raw will be traded in.

I love the finish on these, reminds me of some old tour edge iron sets I've had, very matte, no sun glare!
IMO glare is pretty good but definitely not zero

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!

That's all I can say, I searched for adjectives to describe it, but I was blown away by the first shot, expected it to be a bit fat, wet ground and I'm a digger by impact, and the ball came out great, high and about the distance I would expect on a strike like that. I do think I'll need to try a few different balls and impact setups to see what I can do about the spin. But these things were eye-opening from the first strike.

Now for a bit of background on my setup, the wedges for comparison, current 54/58/62, now it's 56/60, and probably looking to add a 63*/64*, so I can't compare things directly, but as you can see from the group photos below, I think these are quite a bit different from what I was playing as well, the 54 to the 56 was a fairly close comparison. And honestly, I think I like it, as the new thing, the size instills confidence and the performance helps with full shots, which I don't use these wedges for as many short game shots, typically use my current 62 for that, so I with a bit more loft I think I can still keep that up.

Full shot forgiveness is the first thing I want to talk about, as I mentioned I'm a fairly steep swinger, and these things helped me a ton, had quite a few shots during the warm-up, round, and practice that I was blown away how easy they were to swing, as I'll mention later, I haven't had steel shafts in wedges for a bit after my fitting so I'll be curious what I think of these moving forward, but so far, very point and shoot!

The grind certainly helps with chunking shots. The wider sole and the S/D grind is money! Love what I've seen out of it, and I'll go into it a bit more next, but around the greens, they are still super playable. Out of bunkers, much easier to play, and I assume, the bounce and grind is the leading cause of the success I saw.

Chipping, these work great, did quite a bit of practice with them, then the warm-up, then the round, and then practice again and I'm still figuring out the setup/strike that provides the best results, but the great thing is on miss hits, besides skulls, these things still perform fairly well which is what I need out of my results on poor hits. But on the chunking, these things still did great, unless I totally laid the sod over it!

Pitching, this is where I think I'll get the most use out of them, they go a bit further than my previous wedges, so now I'm not worried about stabbing the ground and leaving the ball in the rough or fringe, now I can pick a spot about 1/2 way or a 1/4 way and know I'm going to get some great runout.

I'll be curious what these would be like if I put the MMT shafts in them. So I'm looking forward to that after this initial testing is over, I can totally see these staying in my bag for quite a while.

More soon, but if you have any questions at all feel free to fire away!
IMG_3681.JPG IMG_3682.JPG
The Wingman are for sure bigger, I feel that way, but for me, they instill a great set of confidence, I love the general look/feel, you can see on this pic a slight sun glare, but honestly at address, it hasn't been an issue for me at all.

Back