thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Boom!

une5u7es.jpg

e8udega5.jpg

y7evary8.jpg

Nice Duey. This is a feature we had for a while that we are thinking about bringing back. Good stuff.

Wow what year is it from?

Thanks, I broke several oldies out today and just had a blast. Surprised at the results as well.

Duey, love the old clubs! I need to get back home (parents house, so could be awhile) and break out some of the clubs and see if I can still hit them. I love grabbing my Dad's old persimmon woods and seeing how they hit and feel. His old Hogan blades, with the crazy small sweet spot, were always fun to hit, and to think my MP33's have a small sweet spot!

What else do you have out today?

Wow what year is it from?

That was Freddie Couples driver back in the day. Bought round 90/91 I'd guess.

Duey, love the old clubs! I need to get back home (parents house, so could be awhile) and break out some of the clubs and see if I can still hit them. I love grabbing my Dad's old persimmon woods and seeing how they hit and feel. His old Hogan blades, with the crazy small sweet spot, were always fun to hit, and to think my MP33's have a small sweet spot!

What else do you have out today?

Today was a blast, more so than I expected. I had Boom Boom, my old Lynxs irons and an extremely old Spalding wedge out there today. The iron's were solid, neck and neck with my normal distance and direction, the wedge was on fire hot and the old driver was incredible. I hit it past my larger Williams all day long, several times as much as 20 yards, lol. Go figure.

That was Freddie Couples driver back in the day. Bought round 90/91 I'd guess.

Today was a blast, more so than I expected. I had Boom Boom, my old Lynxs irons and an extremely old Spalding wedge out there today. The iron's were solid, neck and neck with my normal distance and direction, the wedge was on fire hot and the old driver was incredible. I hit it past my larger Williams all day long, several times as much as 20 yards, lol. Go figure.

Maybe time to bring the old Boom Boom out of retirement? 20 more yards, is 20 more yards! I remember a buddy of mine had the Blackcat Driver that was endorsed by Freddie Couples back in the day. Circia 1997-ish Good times!

Maybe time to bring the old Boom Boom out of retirement? 20 more yards, is 20 more yards! I remember a buddy of mine had the Blackcat Driver that was endorsed by Freddie Couples back in the day. Circia 1997-ish Good times!

I'll have a hard time not hitting this next time out, lol. Most of the day it was neck and neck or just a couple yards ahead, but I actually hit more fairways with it. Hard to believe I could even hit the little sob. I'd love to have my old persimmon woods back, just for fun.

That's a trip to see a Williams FW32 driver out there! I didn't even know those were available in the USA.

That's a trip to see a Williams FW32 driver out there! I didn't even know those were available in the USA.

One of the perks of being on THP. This was a contest here and I was super lucky.

One of the perks of being on THP. This was a contest here and I was super lucky.

Very Cool. I can't help but think if there is a Pastor Maldonado version that smashes itself into the other clubs in your bag.

I am an F1 dork. :banana:

I'll add that I remember those early 90's Lynx drivers for sure and I think Ernie was gaming them as well back then. I remember wanting some Black Cat irons really bad too.

Great posting. The TM was my first metal wood. I think it was in '87 or '88. The wooden clubs are some that I recently picked up for some throwback fun with my Hogan irons.

FWIW, I would love to see a Trowback Thursdays or some version of. Love older clubs.

IMG_20130705_182502_901_zps9ceb9910.jpg

J.

Very Cool. I can't help but think if there is a Pastor Maldonado version that smashes itself into the other clubs in your bag.

I am an F1 dork. :banana:

I'll add that I remember those early 90's Lynx drivers for sure and I think Ernie was gaming them as well back then. I remember wanting some Black Cat irons really bad too.

I was/am a huge Freddie fan, so had to get the driver and irons to play like crap in honor of him, haha. They have served me very well over the years. Never hit the Blackcats, but have heard nothing but good in their day.

Great posting. The TM was my first metal wood. I think it was in '87 or '88. The wooden clubs are some that I recently picked up for some throwback fun with my Hogan irons.

FWIW, I would love to see a Trowback Thursdays or some version of. Love older clubs.

Love the old clubs, nice display. We use to do that here and sounds like JB might just bring it back.
IMG_20130705_182502_901_zps9ceb9910.jpg

J.

We used to do a Throwback day here and JB talked like it might just come back. Hope so, enjoy!

Cool - I think I'll take my 975D out for a run on Saturday. To this day I'm convinced I hit my longest drives by far with that head, paired with the old EI-70.

Cool - I think I'll take my 975D out for a run on Saturday. To this day I'm convinced I hit my longest drives by far with that head, paired with the old EI-70.

No better way to find out than a head to head, stud vs stud test of the boys. I broke Boom Boom out on #6 and played two drives on every tee until 16 where I put the Williams away, lol. I don't get it, but I'll take it.

The old Spalding wedge was given to me by my coach in 1987. It was an oldie of his at that time and he had me practice with it, then just gave it to me. I bought my first wedge in around 2001.

Back