The ugly truth...help

huhhh

Reaction score
Handicap
25.3 GRINT
Okay here we go. Everything is fat, I mean everything. I know I'm not transferring my weight. I've tried every drill and swing thought I can find and I CANNOT make myself get forward. At this point I've forgotten what a good swing feels like. RR is comming up. I'm not asking to hit a 6i (pictured) 200yds, I just want to get back to some semblance of solid contact.
There are plenty of swings to chose from, I would have slowed one down but my editor is not cooperating this morning.

I also think I am swaying. Bottom line, I'm pretty messed up. What can I focus on most to stop hitting it fat (as much).

What can I focus on most to stop hitting it fat (as much).

What I see is not transferring your weight to the front.
That will move the bottom of the arc forward.
You also start your downswing with your arms.
Start from the ground up.
Just my observation.
Good Luck.

Ball position appears to be to far forward. Hands are not leading at impact. Scooping a bit, instead of making a good turn. Tempo also.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

By no means an expert but ball is too far forward in stance. Should be 1 ball forward of buttons on shirt. You also appear to be too far away from the ball. Arms should hang, you appear to be reaching at address.

Okay here we go. Everything is fat, I mean everything. I know I'm not transferring my weight. I've tried every drill and swing thought I can find and I CANNOT make myself get forward. At this point I've forgotten what a good swing feels like. RR is comming up. I'm not asking to hit a 6i (pictured) 200yds, I just want to get back to some semblance of solid contact.
There are plenty of swings to chose from, I would have slowed one down but my editor is not cooperating this morning.

I also think I am swaying. Bottom line, I'm pretty messed up. What can I focus on most to stop hitting it fat (as much).

This will be so easy it'll make you mad. Your ball position is way up front and your alignment is off. Move the ball back to the middle of your setup and make sure you're aligned properly. And for what it's worth, you're not hitting the ball fat, you're hitting it thin.

This will be so easy it'll make you mad. Your ball position is way up front and your alignment is off. Move the ball back to the middle of your setup and make sure you're aligned properly. And for what it's worth, you're not hitting the ball fat, you're hitting it thin.

Technically I do both, I think for the same reason. I moved the ball up because the instructor I had lessons with told me to move it up (I think to help me get forward). Which way is the alignment off, open?

You're open to your target

I bought an impact bag. Just had my two best rounds in two years.
It got my impact position correct. Also my misses are not killing me.

Back