The role of the left "pinkie"!

AVClubhouse

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been playing for 4 years now and have dropped my handicap down to 13. However, I notice that my hand disconnects from the club at the completion of the golf swing. I have noticed the professionals remain connected. I recently started my grip by wrapping the pinky around the base of the club just above the white circular strip on the grip. I then hold it in the fingers. Wow...what a connection and a flat left wrist on the backswing. I would like opinions on this and your comments if this has improved your game.

I have been playing for 4 years now and have dropped my handicap down to 13. However, I notice that my hand disconnects from the club at the completion of the golf swing. I have noticed the professionals remain connected. I recently started my grip by wrapping the pinky around the base of the club just above the white circular strip on the grip. I then hold it in the fingers. Wow...what a connection and a flat left wrist on the backswing. I would like opinions on this and your comments if this has improved your game.

Is this where you placed the club in your grip, if so that is correct. (white line)

glove_grip_zps330eca56.jpg

Yes. However, the left hand pinkie is wrapped slightly above the white circular ring on the grip.

Back