The Farmer’s Dog - Dog Food

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Milo has been having some belly issues lately, so after a lot of research we decided to give The Farmer’s Dog a try. Yes, it’s pricey, but Arrow is already on special medicated food, so this is cheap in comparison.

We just got our box today, so he hasn’t tried it yet, but so far just from the ordering process to what we received, I am thoroughly impressed. The packets arrived still frozen, just as they said they would, and they even have Milo’s name on them. There are clear directions on how to feed him, and they even include a Tupperware to put the packets in.

On top of that, they included treats and on the treat package it has feeding instructions specific to Milo to maintain a healthy weight, meaning they tell you how much of the treat he can have a day, along with his food to maintain his weight, which also really impressed me.

Lastly, we got a really nice zippered insulated bag, which really made me feel like I got my money’s worth lol.

We will slowly start his transition tomorrow (also spelled out in detail on a paper included in his order), so we will soon know if he likes it.

Anyone else use them?

Have never used them but may have to give it a look based on your review. Hope it solves his issues.

Our friends have had a lot of issues with Farmers Dog. Their old man poodle had some stomach issues so they tried Farmer's Dog. It worked for a while, but then the quality started dropping off. The food was inconsistent in its content, and if anybody knows about old dogs they know that you don't vary their diet because it can turn them into explosive little balls of misery. They've since had to switch to something more consistent in quality. I'm not sure what they're using now, but it may be boiled chicken and rice since that's really bland.

They said they really like the company but the quality control forced them to seek other avenues.

My wife has been wanting to try this for our Cavaliers. Our old lady Cockapoo is on some pricey Royal Canin GI food.

We’ve wanted to. The price is just so prohibitive. Our dogs still get high quality dry food that is pricy, but the extra good stuff is just a tad out of reasonable range. I’d love to be able to get this though!

Back