TaylorMade Foray into Hockey!?!?

Caper

Reaction score
Handicap
Just received this email. Can honestly say I did an triple take:

"CCM Hockey and TaylorMade Golf, share the same passion for delivering high performing equipment played by the most demanding athletes, using technical and innovative approaches. As a result, CCM has entered into a multi-year collaboration aimed at redefining the hockey stick with game changing technologies. Get ready to strap a rocket to the puck!
The first expression of this partnership is the new CCM RBZ Composite Hockey Stick powered by TaylorMade. The revolutionary SpeedBlade provides a hot blade face which helps rocket the puck off the blade. The RBZ features key innovations that will truly classify this stick in a category of its own. Improved weight distribution produces a faster swing for a faster puck speed while the constant stiffness profile all the way through the shaft allows for a customized kick point for maximum shot loading. With the innovation that the RBZ brings to the game, the face of hockey sticks has changed forever.
The CCM RBZ Hockey Stick will be available to pre-order starting July 15th with a launch date of August 15th."

Anyone know this was coming???

I'm just looking forward to my CCM golf shoes.

I'm just looking forward to my CCM golf shoes.

They would be idea for golf in Canada! I just hope that my slapshot doesn't have a "powerfade" now. Though it would make life hell for the goalies lol.

CCM has stuggled big time and lost some of there star players to other brands. Will be interesting to see if TaylorMade's marketing helps. Nike tried and failed and they bought a much stonger brand in Bauer.

This is interesting I wonder how this will do.

Bridgestone has already gotten into hockey. TaylorMade is a little behind.

[video=youtube;3xa4Y2I51-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xa4Y2I51-U[/video]
[video=youtube;jK-npRlaSYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK-npRlaSYI[/video]

I love the last one!

I saw the stick a while back, but I didn't know they had a multi-year collaboration, will be interesting to see where this goes in the future!

Knew it was coming. Actually like where CCM has been taking their products starting last season. Then you have the CL protective line this season, step in the right direction. May need to give one of these a go this season.

If you pre-order NHL 13 the game, you get special RBZ sticks. Saw it earlier in an email from EA Sports.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Should have been named the RPZ's

Icehockeywarehouse is sending out their orders on Aug 15. for those looking for a spot to preorder.

Would actually be a good name for some skates.

It would. Only thing that has me thinking it wont happen has to do with TM contributing to the material used in the blade of the stick. Not sure they use kevlar in their products haha.

Sidney Crosby should play Taylormade.

The Leafs will all be playing with RBZ sticks next year since they are so used to the TaylorMade clubs lol.

The Leafs will all be playing with RBZ sticks next year since they are so used to the TaylorMade clubs lol.

Wohahah, + 1 that made me giggle

Well Dion is a Cobra/Nike guy and uses a Long Tom, he may have to make the switch hahaha. I knew Landy was testing out these sticks. See if any other players gives them a shot.

he will once he gets knocked out of the playoffs........... i think i posted a thread on this before. im not really sold on it or what technology really would change. i guess its not a horrible move for CCM though since they are struggling a little.

If this was the shot at Taylormade I think it was you are my hero.
This would make another great reason to hate Taylormade.

Back