Taylormade Burner Superfast TP - Shaft?

Schweitzer_07

Reaction score
For everyone that has tried the Superfast TP driver, what shaft did you try it with and what are your thoughts? I am looking into buying one, but the Dick's Sporting Goods where I live doesn't have any in stock and doesn't carry any X flex shafts to begin with.

The shafts I've seen offered on ebay are the stock Matrix shaft, Aldila RIP shaft, or Aldila VooDoo. I have a swing speed of 112-115, so trying to decide if I can get a really firm stiff flex in one of those and swing smoothly or get an X flex like I have in my FT Tour.

Also, kinda off topic but how would the Superfast TP compare to the Supertri? The superfast has a longer shaft so I assume distance would be greater, but is the Supertri more accurate and worth the money? (Dick's doesn't have any X flex Supertris either.)

Any help is appreciated!

i know for the TP version its a much better shaft than the one in the regular version i want to say its an HD-6 but i am not sure ask JB he will know or check their website if it is it's a tremendous shaft, and i can say from experience i was not impressed with the RIP at all, which is a shame because i normally like a lot of Adilla's stuff, i suggest if you can get a hold of one try the lighter of the two Fubuki tours the 63g it is glorious, and the added length on the shaft is supposed to give you greater distance. i personally didn't gain as much so i have cut mine back to normal and hit it ten or fifteen yards farther than the supertri, nothing against the supertri it is great just not my favorite this year. as for not having any X flex supertri's at dicks check golf galaxy they are owned by dicks.

That's surprising to hear about the RIP; I assumed it was the same RIP shaft that is in the Superdeep and that everyone was raving about. The nearest golf galaxy is about 2 hours away so I'm not sure if I'll make it down there any time soon. I'll probably buy one and hit it at 46" and see how much distance it gives me and accuracy it takes away, and then decide if cutting it back would be a good idea or not. I appreciate your input!

I have demo'd the Matrix HD6, and just bought one with a Fubuki 73s installed from TM. The HD6 has nice feel, and high ball flight for me, but it didn't balloon and carried a LONG way. Fubuki in mine is a bit lower flight, but same low spin. I'd say the Fubuki is a bit firmer feeling then the HD6. I will say, at 46" in the TP, both don't really feel that firm, the Axiv Red at 45.75" in my i15 is much firmer feeling. I swing 110mph, with a quick transition, and could easily go X in these shafts in the SF.

I have demo'd the Matrix HD6, and just bought one with a Fubuki 73s installed from TM. The HD6 has nice feel, and high ball flight for me, but it didn't balloon and carried a LONG way. Fubuki in mine is a bit lower flight, but same low spin. I'd say the Fubuki is a bit firmer feeling then the HD6. I will say, at 46" in the TP, both don't really feel that firm, the Axiv Red at 45.75" in my i15 is much firmer feeling. I swing 110mph, with a quick transition, and could easily go X in these shafts in the SF.

So because of the extra length you'd go X with the Superfast? I have the X VooDoo in my FT Tour and I haven't had any issues with it. Ball flight could be higher and I wouldn't complain though, so I may go with the Matrix and see how that works. You use the same degree head as you usually do? I have 9.5* in my FT Tour but had considered 10.5* in the SF if it would be easier to control.

Yes, I meant if you stick with 46", these shafts aren't particularly stout feeling IMO (in comparison to shafts I've hit like Pershing, Blueboard, Grafalloy Red, Axiv Red or Black, Proforce V2) . They're not "noodles", but I feel like I could handle an X.

I hit a 9.5* SFTP, same as my other drivers. I've hit an FT Tour 9.5 back to back on outdoor range with an HD6 SFTP 9.5...for me the SFTP was definitely higher launch by a decent amount, Trackman for FT Tour was around 11.5* launch, SFTP was 13-13.5*. The SFTP wasn't too high or weak looking trajectory, it just got WAY up and carried forever.

The Fubuki 73/SFTP 9.5* combo, for me, works about perfect for big towering long carry drives. I'm struggling a bit with control so think I'll be cutting to 45", it will be interesting to see if it feels more stout with a 1" trim off the butt.

I would be concerned that the distance gain the club gives you may be gone if you trim it to 45". I guess that's different for each person though.

If the stock matrix HD6 hit nice long bombs, what made you decide to go with the fubuki in yours?

I demoed the rip with the superfast tp, the stock hd6 and fubuki. Rip is a great shaft but if you got the superfast a month or 2 ago there wasn't any upcharge but I think if you buy one now you'll get a $50 upcharge for the RIP.

The feel at 46" was just off, felt like swinging a broomstick. I will hit it further being able to hit the sweetspot. I have cut it to 45" and immediately liked it, felt firmer and more controllable.

I went Fubuki to bring the launch down a bit, and a little heavier for control, I don't have much success with ~60gm shafts, they feel like they're playing "catch up" at transition unless they're extremely stout (Pershing 65x is only one that comes to mind).

Get an X. Club is sooo light you're gonna gain 3-5 mph swing speed anyways. Love my superfast, was very weird feeling at first. (the longer and lighter shaft threw me off) but once I got used to it the club became a beast. I got the matrix and love it. Demoed the RIP but that was on a TM Superdeep model. that can't be the same model can it? The TM Superdeep and RIP shaft felt soooo much heavier than the Superfast. I was sweating by the 5 swing in the launch monitor.

Get a fitting. After I got my Superfast, stiff stock TM shaft I went for a lesson and had my swing speed, ball speed monitored. The numbers indicated that I got the shaft that fits me.

I am hitting this club very well. 260 - 275 and a nice draw.

Back