Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyL0711

I Need To Play Some Golf!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
One of my least favorite days of the year, Tax Day!!!!! As a business owner I pay a decent amount. I have not gotten a return in about 15 years.

April 15 Animation GIF by Sappy Seals

Taxes Tax Season GIF by giphystudios2021

As the son of two public servants and a husband to another, I appreciate this day.

Taxes are tough for me, not because i hate paying them because i'm a good citizen....but my taxes are complicated given my work for an American company and how we're set up in Canada. Plus my visa status and etc for US work

Pain in the Butt

I'm very happy though that i pay Taxes into the fine nation of Canada....so that we may use them on consulting firms and contractors that may or may not exist. (sorry hope this isnt too much politics---you have to live here to get that one---yay Arrivecan!)

Tax day for us means writing a big fat check. Is what it is, and we set money aside from everything that comes in the pay them, but it still stings.

I am a CPA, but don’t have anything to do with taxes other than my own. Most people don’t know that and offer me the conciliatory “sorry about tax season” when they hear I am an accountant and I just say “thanks” - hah.

I am a CPA, but don’t have anything to do with taxes other than my own. Most people don’t know that and offer me the conciliatory “sorry about tax season” when they hear I am an accountant and I just say “thanks” - hah.
You basically described me in this statement. I quit trying to explain it to people.

You basically described me in this statement. I quit trying to explain it to people.
Do you guys have some pointers on writing stuff off for me at least?

• Sad
Reactions: Bus
I think we missed on the "good" part. Have already started looking elsewhere for next year, but moving once you're established with someone kind of sucks.

I wish they were put to better use but overall I’m not dreading today. Mine were filed in February and I’ve balanced out my withholding to only owe less than $1k or get back around $500 depending on what my wife does freelance during the year.

I think we missed on the "good" part. Have already started looking elsewhere for next year, but moving once you're established with someone kind of sucks.
Very difficult to find a good tax person. I do my own now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back