Talor Gooch has received special invitation to play in Masters.

CrashTestDummy

Reaction score
Handicap
4-ish
From another website, Talor Gooch has accepted a special invitation to play in next week’s Masters. If true, some head might explode. 😂🤣

Last edited:
April Fool’s, yeah?

The integrity of the field was compromised without him.

it's ok that it was a joke. So is the Masters field without him right?

J Peterman No GIF

Let the Goochathon begin.

it's ok that it was a joke. So is the Masters field without him right?
This is probably considered heresy, but in my opinion, The Masters is the "easiest" major to win when you consider the actual size of the competitive field.

This is probably considered heresy, but in my opinion, The Masters is the "easiest" major to win when you consider the actual size of the competitive field.
I think there are plenty who share that opinion. It's a more limited field and it's played at the same venue every year.

It’s a true statement, based on mathematically provable facts. The same ones that can prove the PGA is the toughest field in the majors. Subjectively speaking, how much “tougher” is the PGA to win than the Masters? They both have the biggest threats, and most likely competitors to give you a run (top 50 and proven winners), the PGA (and other 2 majors as well) just fill out the field with others, who are unlikely winners, yet give the field it’s mathematical clout.

Others have already chimed in but many share this view. It's a smaller field and a lot of the guys are past champions/seniors.

Also since it's held at the same course every year, local knowledge is very important so first timers also can struggle disproportionately.

Others have already chimed in but many share this view. It's a smaller field and a lot of the guys are past champions/seniors.

Also since it's held at the same course every year, local knowledge is very important so first timers also can struggle disproportionately.
IMG_0548.jpeg

Maybe that’s what happened here…

I agree. The field is small and even smaller with the addition of amateurs and former winners. However, it still is a great tournament to watch because the course is so difficult. Lots of trainwrecks have happened at Augusta. Lots of suspense.

Silly stories from high golf sigh.. shocker.

because the course is so difficult
Lately that hasn't been the case with winning scores in the double digits under par. I think DJ shot something like -20 when he won. That said, there are certain holes that can knock a player to his knees.

Back