Fourputt

Head Rules Official
Reaction score
Handicap
Just been sitting here looking at some photos from some of my summer golf in the Colorado mountains. This will be my first season back in the States and my first opportunity to play golf regularly again. I just though I'd start a thread to post thoughts of summer and where and when we will be playing, just to maybe help to ease the wintertime blues. Here are a couple of photos to get it going.

This is the green on the par 3 fifth hole on the ranch course at Keystone, Colorado. It's a Robert Trent Jones Design, good fun, plenty of challenge. I try to play it once each summer (I first played here back in the mid 1980s). It's often quite busy even on weekdays, despite the $110-$125 green fees. On this hole I seem always end up in the weeds somewhere on my tee shot.

i-SsCQ6SD-XL.jpg

This one is my brother playing from one of the black slag bunkers at the Nicklaus designed Old Works Course in Anaconda, Montana - another interesting course, built on the site of a 19th century copper and silver refinery. My brother lives in Idaho, about 3-3½ hours from there, so we drive up early, get a motel room and play 2 rounds the first day, then play in the morning the second day and drive back to Idaho Falls.

i-hTPhrZH-XL.jpg

Anyone else have some good summer memories to share?

Love summer golf around the country.
THP Events all over the place this year meeting hundreds of golfers that love to have fun.

This is probably my favorite from last summer.

c12e395ad1f46b92bf1c690c160e1158.jpg

Great pics..... I'm ready for some green grass !!!

We have some awesome times in the summer up here with our little group of THPers. Here's a few pics from one of our outings last summer at Homestead Golf Club, which is a flattish, Florida resort-style layout in far northwestern WA. This was an absolutely perfect day.

vaqunuse.jpg

uvere8u8.jpg

mu2ebate.jpg

azuzubep.jpg

betaqagu.jpg

Back