Streamsong Resort - Blue Course

we need to get out for 36 in a day now that they've dropped rates for locals

if you do and you have room I'd love to get in on this!

Was heading down to orlando with my dad in december and was looking to play either here or mission inn again(he hasn't played there) and can't decide on which one. I know Streamsong is more expensive but I just cant tell if its worth the hype

Was heading down to orlando with my dad in december and was looking to play either here or mission inn again(he hasn't played there) and can't decide on which one. I know Streamsong is more expensive but I just cant tell if its worth the hype

If you've never played it, it's gorgeous considering it's in the middle of FL and looks nothing like your normal FL golf course. I think you'd get a better deal at Mission Inn but either way I think you're doing just fine at either course.

If you do take lots of pics. Its on my list to play someday too

If you've never played it, it's gorgeous considering it's in the middle of FL and looks nothing like your normal FL golf course. I think you'd get a better deal at Mission Inn but either way I think you're doing just fine at either course.

Yeah mission inn is half the price. I just know it can be a pain getting to it

Fwiw Streamsong is just as much a pain. It's not in Orlando.

i live just outside downtown orlando. door-to-door i can be at mission inn in under an hour. if you drive really fast at 2am when your wife goes into labor, you can do it in about 35 minutes (true story). it looks like streamsong is a solid 1:45 door-to-door. that said, i'm trying to get a round in before rates reset in the next couple weeks because i've been saying for a long time that i'm going to play it, just haven't pulled the trigger.

Two weeks from today, we'll be on the road to Orlando for vacation. I've got a tee time for Tuesday 9/6 on the Blue course and I absolutely cannot wait for it to get here!!! Gonna be a complete 180 from Walt Disney World!

Streamsong is literally in the middle of nowhere but it is fantastic and well worth the drive. I played both last month and I can't wait to go back and play them again. Stop at the taco shack on blue for sure.

I am now less than a week away from playing the Blue. This will be my first round in Florida and my first time playing with a caddie. Excited is an understatement!

Let us know how the course is. I'm looking at playing there in a few months. Hope to hear good things!

I am now less than a week away from playing the Blue. This will be my first round in Florida and my first time playing with a caddie. Excited is an understatement!

Let us know how the course is. I'm looking at playing there in a few months. Hope to hear good things!

It was in really good shape last weekend. Greens are rolling true, I would recommend staying out of the sand as much as possible as it's very heavy sand that tends to plug.

The chipping and pitching green over towards the driving range tends to replicate the speed of the blue better than the main putting green towards the clubhouse, so spend a little bit of time at that practice green.

Are you taking a caddie or were you planning on walking it?

Caddie for sure. I think you said to do so because I know I shouldn't just trust my GPS for a first time visit. Besides I've never played with a caddie

Caddie for sure. I think you said to do so because I know I shouldn't just trust my GPS for a first time visit. Besides I've never played with a caddie

It certainly helps, that's for sure. I used my GPS there, but I also knew I had a little bit of prior knowledge to confirm a few things. Your GPS however, can't tell you sightlines to take like a caddie can.

Streamsong is literally in the middle of nowhere but it is fantastic and well worth the drive. I played both last month and I can't wait to go back and play them again. Stop at the taco shack on blue for sure.

How did this not come up during our round of golf!?!? I'd have wanted details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did this not come up during our round of golf!?!? I'd have wanted details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know but Sand Valley definitely reminded me of Streamsong.

Have fun playing it Razor.

Played the Blue course today and came away incredibly impressed. This was an incredible experience. My wife and two daughters (10yr and 7yr) went with my and tagged along in a cart while I walked. My caddie today was Delroy Cambridge. He played professional golf with several wins in Europe. This gentleman has to know more about golf than just about anyone else anywhere and he was a pleasure to walk with. He definitely saved me many many strokes throughout the round. Getting to the course from SW Orlando was no problem at all and took about 1hr 15mins without pushing the speed limit. Nice drive thru rural Florida with some orange groves and cattle ranches along the way. Lost cell service but there were plenty of signs to guide us. The clubhouse is spectacular and every person we met was super friendly. The range and practice green were nice also. We saw several gators swimming in the lake adjacent to the clubhouse, which was super cool for someone from the Midwest. The view from the first tee box is amazing. The course was in terrific condition everywhere I went, except for a few really poor drives and it's suppose to be rough over there! The signature hole kinda snuck up on me...we finished 6 and walked to the next tee and then it hit me that we were looking at the most beautiful hole I've ever seen! This hole is more difficult than it looks in pictures. The pin was in the back close to 200yds but it played shorter due to downhill. I felt pressure on this tee as I've looked at this hole 100 tIke's online before playing it. Hit the green in regulation but then the work began...3putt bogey. The grouper tacos at the shack were the best I've had anywhere! There were complimentary bottles of water all over the course which was definitely welcomed. The finishing hole is a great par4 where I hit driver then fairway wood to the back fringe then up and down to finish with a par. I made some good swings and some not so good and I'm happy with the 90. This was the most amazing place I've ever been. I can't wait to get back out there on Saturday to play the Red course!

Glad you enjoyed it! Delroy was in the group a head of us when I played there. I agree, the 7th is a beautiful hole.
13603644_1230024533674971_6904276177510725874_o.jpg

If you liked the blue you will love the red.

Played the Blue course today and came away incredibly impressed. This was an incredible experience. My wife and two daughters (10yr and 7yr) went with my and tagged along in a cart while I walked. My caddie today was Delroy Cambridge. He played professional golf with several wins in Europe. This gentleman has to know more about golf than just about anyone else anywhere and he was a pleasure to walk with. He definitely saved me many many strokes throughout the round. Getting to the course from SW Orlando was no problem at all and took about 1hr 15mins without pushing the speed limit. Nice drive thru rural Florida with some orange groves and cattle ranches along the way. Lost cell service but there were plenty of signs to guide us. The clubhouse is spectacular and every person we met was super friendly. The range and practice green were nice also. We saw several gators swimming in the lake adjacent to the clubhouse, which was super cool for someone from the Midwest. The view from the first tee box is amazing. The course was in terrific condition everywhere I went, except for a few really poor drives and it's suppose to be rough over there! The signature hole kinda snuck up on me...we finished 6 and walked to the next tee and then it hit me that we were looking at the most beautiful hole I've ever seen! This hole is more difficult than it looks in pictures. The pin was in the back close to 200yds but it played shorter due to downhill. I felt pressure on this tee as I've looked at this hole 100 tIke's online before playing it. Hit the green in regulation but then the work began...3putt bogey. The grouper tacos at the shack were the best I've had anywhere! There were complimentary bottles of water all over the course which was definitely welcomed. The finishing hole is a great par4 where I hit driver then fairway wood to the back fringe then up and down to finish with a par. I made some good swings and some not so good and I'm happy with the 90. This was the most amazing place I've ever been. I can't wait to get back out there on Saturday to play the Red course!

Awesome story man glad you enjoyed the Blue. It was in great shape a couple weeks ago so I'm glad it still is. I've got my makeup round on the red with some friends as a farewell gift for a friend of ours moving to North Carolina so I'll give you a heads up on how it's playing. I can tell you though that IMO the red has the trickier of the greens, so keep that in mind after seeing some of the slopes on the Blue.

I MUST get to this place. Love the enthusiasm in your write up. Thanks for the excitement!

JM

Awesome story man glad you enjoyed the Blue. It was in great shape a couple weeks ago so I'm glad it still is. I've got my makeup round on the red with some friends as a farewell gift for a friend of ours moving to North Carolina so I'll give you a heads up on how it's playing. I can tell you though that IMO the red has the trickier of the greens, so keep that in mind after seeing some of the slopes on the Blue.

Thanks! I'll post a few pics when I get home to my computer...my girls took over 400 pics in 18 holes!

This new logo is $

1712953963024.png

Back