Stick On Wheel Weights Instead Of Lead Tape

Thrillbilly Jim

DillyWood Express #2
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In the automotive world, we use stick on weights to balance tires. These weight are available in different weights usually .25, .50, .75, 1 oz and so forth. You can get them in a zinc metallic finish or black. Would you use these instead of tape to increase your swing weight and give the club a little better look?

weights.jpgblack wheel weights.jpg

Interesting idea, but only issue would be on the sole of a putter and it being bulkier than the tape.

Here’s the golf equivalent. Curious about the adhesive on the wheel weights and whether it would damage club finish?

Very interesting alternative, and lateral thought … worth investigating

Tried this 20 some years ago. Found out with a fast Swing they fly off. My Buddies saw it hit the Hole Signage by the White Tees.

If they are anything like the stick on tungsten weights, they will not stay on a club for very long unless they are in the cavity of a putter.

Here’s the golf equivalent. Curious about the adhesive on the wheel weights and whether it would damage club finish?
I was going to post about these. But I’ll add that when I have used them the adhesive wasn’t the greatest and the weight fell off a couple of times and was lost. FYI.

Tried this 20 some years ago. Found out with a fast Swing they fly off. My Buddies saw it hit the Hole Signage by the White Tees.
I would be surprised if these fell off. They can stay adhered to a wheel going 100+ mph.

I was going to post about these. But I’ll add that when I have used them the adhesive wasn’t the greatest and the weight fell off a couple of times and was lost. FYI.
That's good to know. I ordered some, misplaced them, and now won't look too hard for them.

Back