Steep Swing. NEED HELP!

sherwoodnatl

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello All
Got a question for you guys. First off, im not tall at all (5 foot 7) but for some reason I have developed this steep swing plane. at 9 o' clock (face on) my club is inline but can be a bit in front of my hands. Usually for me, it is just behind them. At about 3/4 thru the swing (DTL now), my club is pointed in between my feet and the ball as opposed to being at the ball (something like this (ONE ON THE LEFT)- http://img.timeinc.net/golf/i/instruction/2008/04/TigerAtTheTop_299x225.jpg - ). Also, at the top of my backswing, my left arm points at my ball, whereas the conventional spot is just beyond the ball. I think that these are the reasons my wood shots are inconsistent recently. Hitting pulls and weak fades when I usually hit a small push draw. My irons are usually OK, but i cant figure out the Driver/3 wood. Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong?

I have tried taking it more inside and flattening my left arm but nothing seems to be doing the trick.

Last edited:
I have no clue but I would post this under ask the pro also I'm sure Andy can help you. good luck!

lol nevermind you already did! :D

Yes. Im just trying to get as much advice as I can.

Andy's probably going to tell you to do his baseball diamond drill. Look under my Ask the Pro thread titles "analyze my swing" and somewhere in there towards the beginning he spells it out in detail. I had the same problem, having a too steep of a swingplane. This drill will really help you to shallow out that swing and prevent coming at the ball from over the top. In addition to the baseball diamond drill, I actually found it helps to think about bringing your arms and hands up higher on the takeaway and backswing. I know it sounds wrong, but golf is a game of opposites...

Good luck!

Back