"sporty pants" recommendation

Redowl

Reaction score
Handicap
fast food
I don't often wear golf pants, but when I do...

...I look like I'm running late for a meeting when I'm on the 13th tee.

Can anyone recommend a brand/model of golf pants that looks a little sportier?

I'd still like them to look nice, but would prefer to avoid yet another pair of "slacks".

Love the look of Nike pants.

I think most "golf" brands would fit this (Nike, Adidas, UA, Puma, etc.). I think that most of the moisture wicking pants would fit this as well.

Izod - I have at least 6 pairs of them. Fantastic look, lightweight, and price is hard to beat, especially if there is an Izod outlet anywhere near you.

On sale here for 35 bucks a pair

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/izod-golf-pants-xfg-golf-pants?ID=454469

30 here

http://www.jcpenney.com/men/athletic-clothing/izod-xfg-golf-pants/prod.jump?ppId=pp5001700571

Thanks for the links! I checked our local JC Penney yesterday but they only had pants in the "slacks" variety. I wasn't aware that Macys carries Izod apparel.

I don't know if it's just the time of year or where I live, but finding golf pants in our local Kohls, JC Penney, Dicks Sporting Goods, etc is proving to be difficult. I will run to the other side of town for Golf Galaxy if necessary - but their apparel selection usually seems pretty limited.

I recently picked up a pair from each of Adidas and Ashworth, very happy with cut, comfort and style of both.
Both are dark grey with small check and go with practically anything while still being smart, without being "officey".

For the most part, make sure you avoid pleats and go for flat front, no creases. Just about every golf brand out there has flat front pants. Sometimes you don't even need to go golf specific as there are a lot of companies, such as the Gap that make lightweight chinos that as long as it's not a really hot day, will do the trick.

For the most part, make sure you avoid pleats and go for flat front, no creases. Just about every golf brand out there has flat front pants.

That rule should apply to everything you wear from the waist down, not just golf pants!

That rule should apply to everything you wear from the waist down, not just golf pants!

Flat front suit pants? Haha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

addidas climacools work great for me. I dont know how but they seem to stay warm on cold days and cool on hot days. Perfect for when i cant decide if its warm enough for shorts.

Under Armour are solid.

Tap-tap taparoo

addidas climacools work great for me. I dont know how but they seem to stay warm on cold days and cool on hot days. Perfect for when i cant decide if its warm enough for shorts.

This is exactly the situation I am trying to find a solution for. I have spent a fair amount of time on Fairway Styles and the choices are almost overwhelming. I appreciate everyone's suggestions so far and welcome new ones.

I'd go off a THP first hand recommendation for 'athletic-looking' golf pants vs my guess based on website images.

Thanks again.

I got lucky buying them cheap from Golfetail.Com after Dawg daddy posted something related in the deal of the day thread last year. THP for the win all around.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This is exactly the situation I am trying to find a solution for. I have spent a fair amount of time on Fairway Styles and the choices are almost overwhelming. I appreciate everyone's suggestions so far and welcome new ones.

I'd go off a THP first hand recommendation for 'athletic-looking' golf pants vs my guess based on website images.

Thanks again.

As a direct recommendation, these are probably my favorite; Nike Modern Tech

http://www.fairwaystyles.com/nike-tour-golf-modern-tech-pant-black-core.html

Also they are the climalite not climacool as I think that moniker is used for their shoes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Flat front suit pants? Haha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Er, yeah. Pleated suit pants are great. If you're in the early 90's. News flash, it's 2014 :lol:. You'll be telling me there are little turnups on your trousers too next :lol:

Trousers and shorts shouldn't have pleats! There are NO exceptions. None! Nada! Zilch!!!!

Er, yeah. Pleated suit pants are great. If you're in the early 90's. News flash, it's 2014 :lol:. You'll be telling me there are little turnups on your trousers too next :lol:

haha oh you meant pleats. I thought you meant no creases either down the leg.

haha oh you meant pleats. I thought you meant no creases either down the leg.

Ha ha, yes pleats man, pleats! I agree a suit would look daft without creases. My grandma used to iron creases into my grandpa's jeans bless em :lol:

Ha ha, yes pleats man, pleats! I agree a suit would look daft without creases. My grandma used to iron creases into my grandpa's jeans bless em :lol:

I remember my mom doing it to my dad's jeans when I was really young, so that's only mid 90's. Horrible, horrible things.

Puma pants are nice, and quite stylish!

PGA tour brand, half the price and great pants.

Back