Some Questions About "Other" Brands & Clubs Before Their Time Technology

collegefbfan

Reaction score
So, just curious here about the "not so popular" brands of clubs. I am not bashing these clubs by any means. Like I said, this curiosity just came to mind.
  1. Does anyone here play or know anyone who plays any clubs made by MacGregor, Tommy Armour, Spalding, etc.? Are they good? Bad? Ugly?
  2. I know technology plays a big part in the golf game now. I thought a set of Titleist irons my wife found at an estate sale was the way to go. Nope, they were Titleist Acushnet irons. No way I could have learned with those. Were there any clubs that were produced that had some "great technology before its time"? I am asking this for a couple of reasons. I am looking for a 7 wood/heavenwood/fairway wood/mini driver with a nice head size but shorter shaft. A lot of these are out of my price range. However, I don't want to pass up on an older club (with great technology) that would be plenty forgiving for a slower swing speed because I am looking at stuff from the past three years or so. If there is that "older" club out there that could fit the bill, but I just don't know it. But I bet some of you do.

Back