Slow swingers unite! 2024 golf balls

weemohack

Reaction score
Handicap
Sadly I'm down to about 90 mph driver as now. AVX has been the best ball for me the last 2 years vs chrome soft, tour RX, q star tour etc. pro V are definitely not for me as I lose distance (assuming due to spin). Obviously the AVX, tour RX, tour rxs, q star, chrome soft and chrome tour are all new this year. I'd love to hear comparisons from people in my ss range. I've also never tested the erc soft but have seen a few good reviews on those. Thanks all....

Though it’s not my normal ball the Bridgestone E9 is the longest ball I have used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am 90-95 mph driver and have loved the current Chrome Soft. If you don’t need much spin around the green, the current Supersoft is a great ball for the price.

My driver SS is right about the same as yours (90'ish), and the Chrome Soft and Chrome Tour are both great balls for me. I played the Supersoft as my main ball before switching to Chrome Soft last year - I certainly haven't noticed any loss of distance from the switch, and the greenside performance is noticeably better.

I've played the new Chrome Soft and Chrome Tour pretty extensively so far this year. The biggest difference I notice between the two is that the Chrome Tour feels firmer (but not objectionably so) off the putter, and has slightly better greenside performance than the Chrome Soft. I don't have access to a launch monitor so I don't chase spin numbers, but judging by the balls' performance on the course, neither of them have any disadvantages for my game. The Chrome Soft is my ball right now, but I would play the Chrome Tour without hesitation too.

Neither of you are slow swingers. Until you get to at least 85 MPH or less swing speed, I wouldn't call you a slow swinger. That will happen soon enough. As you age
your swing will slow down progressively each year after somewhere in your 40's. I'm now nearly 75 and my swing speed has dropped under 80 mph and my drives that
used to be over 300 yards are now 200 yards or less. Some day you'll look back on saying you're a slow swinger who only swings around 90 MPH and say to
yourself, I wish I was still that slow of a swinger. :rolleyes: By the way I'm using either a Vice Pro Plus or a Maxfli Tour X. I get my best distance with those or Titleist Pro
V1X but won't pay the price that Pro V1X's cost.

I've been really enjoying my supersofts. The past couple of seasons I've played a ton of Srixon both Q-star and soft feel. Right now I've been very happy with my supersoft choice.

My swing speed is 95 at best right now and the Chrome Tour is a beast for me. I also like QStar Tours, but I haven’t had the chance to hit this year’s model yet. I’ll tee one up in my match play event this afternoon.

@Time4aBeer you were asking about some balls that might fit your swing speed. Good suggestions in here.

Q Star Tour here for me. Not sure if it correct or not but I still have a few dozen left from last season.

Chromesoft TruTrack (previously TruVis) or Q-Star Tour. I've dropped under 90mph driver, but more than numbers I'm really particular about feel (especially short game) and those two are my favorite. Too hard/clicky makes me sad...

Sadly I'm down to about 90 mph driver as now. AVX has been the best ball for me the last 2 years vs chrome soft, tour RX, q star tour etc. pro V are definitely not for me as I lose distance (assuming due to spin). Obviously the AVX, tour RX, tour rxs, q star, chrome soft and chrome tour are all new this year. I'd love to hear comparisons from people in my ss range. I've also never tested the erc soft but have seen a few good reviews on those. Thanks all....
I’m about in that range and have been using Chrome Tour

Played the Qstar Tour today, this years model. It’s the real deal. Longer than last year, still good stopping power, and great feel off the putter.

I’m in that range and I play a ProV1X. I like the higher ballflight and spin into greens. The firmer feel has also grown on me after a couple years playing them. I prefer it now.

I’m in that range and I play a ProV1X. I like the higher ballflight and spin into greens. The firmer feel has also grown on me after a couple years playing them. I prefer it now.

Same. I’m right around 90 mph and use the V1x for higher flight and added spin. I really seem to control it well around the greens.

I have done on course side by side ball tests and strike is always going to out weight ball choice when it comes to distance.

All the balls you listed are really good. I’ve settled in on the Maxfli Tour S. It just seems to work well for my game From tee to putting. I‘d put the ERC Soft right behind it. The TM Tour Response is another ball I’d add to round out my top three. Haven’t tried most of the new batch of balls. Too overwhelming a process. Never been a big fan of the Chrome Soft or the Bridgestone RX(S) lines.

I like Chrome Soft and Maxfli tour. I may experiment with some others this year but those two are my current favorites.

The Maxfli balls are all very good, with a price that can’t be beat.

Go spend the $30 or whatever at Ballnamic and get recommendations. It's cool and fun.

My on-course cruising speed is around 90 and my top balls are Bridgestone BX, Chrome Tour, Wilson Staff Model, and ProV1x (and an LA Golf ball I'm not going to pay for ha).

I don't know exactly what my swing speed is for my 10.5 driver, but I would guess it's in the 80 mph range some where. I carry the ball about 198 yards on average. I have lost 20 mph over the years.

Irons, based on carry, and roll averages is in the 70 mph range. I have lost 10 mph.

I've tried a lot of different balls, and no one ball stands out for me, although I do find playing the Bridgestone e6 gives me the better looking ball flights. It also suits me well in my short game.

A guy ask me to try a ball called the "B-52". I'd never heard of it before. He told me it gave him an extra 10 yards. I tried it on three consecutive holes. Told him it was a "nice" ball, and went back to my e6.

Have used a bunch of balls over past two years. Have settled into the Bridgestone BRX. My SS much the same as yours.

Played this years QStar Tour last night. Last hole I hit it 253 slightly uphill. Thats a very good drive for me. In another round earlier this year I had my longest drive ever on our first hole, 302 yards down hill 24 feet. That was with a new Chrome Tour. Both balls play great into and around the greens, and putt with a nice softer feel.

Back