Slow down and pay attention while driving!

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
I've been seeing a lot of people excessively speeding and running red lights and not paying attention to stop signs and so on, lately. so, when I saw this video on facebook, I thought I would share it as much as possible.

Well that pretty much sucked

WOW!! That is just a commercial that hits at the heart. Slow down people, you can get to your destination a couple minutes later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I about got drilled by a lady yacking on a cell phone this morning, in a hurry to get to church apparently (that's where she turned into). Carrie Underwood and Jesus needed to take the wheel.

Good post, OJ. I shared it as well.

This is why I'm not getting my driver license yet.

That is a really well done video, thanks for sharing.

I usually drive over the speed limit. Nothing too excessive, but I run between 5 and 10 over the speed limit on highways. I don't think it is a big deal. Accidents on the road are inevitable regardless.

Talking on the phone or texting while driving on the other hand is another issue. That is something that I will not do.

I look at it this way. The limits are there for a reason, they're not just guidelines or recommendations.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wow, great post that just hurts to the core!

That is a very well done video. I am very cautious on the roads 99% of the time but I'll admit I speed every now and again. It's just not worth it.

Very thought provoking, I usually run about 5 mph over the speed limit not as fast as the man in the vid but it does make me think.

Oh man, that gave me a chill and I think it was the little man being in the back! A well done video, thanks for sharing!

great video, thanks

Wow, good video. Thanks for posting.

An interesting subject , and one close to my heart. In my job we have several driving courses which are tough to pass , and the one thing that gets drummed into us again and again is "ANY FOOL CAN DRIVE FAST but VERY FEW CAN DRIVE FAST AND SAFELY". part of our driving course is commentating on our drives and explaining the hazards we are perceiving and possible plans for dealing with them , it is mentally exhausting and driving at high speed is mentally exhausting because of the level of concentration required to do so safely. I am lucky I get to drive fast at work in high quality cars but at home in my own car I rarely speed ,my kids or someone elses kids in the car I might hit are not worth the risk....

I was going to make some jokes about that video. but I won't.

Driving is dangerous. Having recently been in a nasty wreck, I know this.

But this video pissed me off.

Wow, that was crazy. Definitely puts things into perspective.

Wow. What a important video that my sons need to watch. They both think they're driving experts. One has had his license for three years, the other for just one year.

I was going to make some jokes about that video. but I won't.

Driving is dangerous. Having recently been in a nasty wreck, I know this.

But this video pissed me off.
why?

How about putting some blame on the guy rolling the stop sign? I also think it's a touch of exploitation using a child. Same point gets made without implying a dead kid.

Gotta be honest, I tend to speed. Coming from the UK where keeping up with traffic means doing around 85 on the motorway, I find it difficult to keep to 65 on the freeways. I normally sit at between 70 and 75 and even that I find tough. I think with modern cars, a 65 speed limit is madness. That said, I stick to speed limits in built up areas, and wouldn't dream of ignoring a red light or stop sign.

Just a follow-up to this. I'm pretty laid back and low key, however I tend to get upset when other drivers, well drive "poorly" but after watching that video the last few instances between yesterday and today when I'd normally get upset. Each time I thought of the video, it made me relax and just move on with my commute. So once again thanks for sharing.

Back