GMDNP1

Reaction score
Handicap
SCRTCH/0
senor THP resident pro I come to u with a question. I recently during a driving range session hit a ball directly sideways. to say the least it scared the hell out of me. I continued to play 9 holes with a scratch and single digit handicapper and hit 11 sha???@#s. I have never done this and I racked it up to something in my person life that was dominating my mind that day. now I've played at least 3 rounds since that terrible day and haven't had a problem. tonight on the range I hit 165 balls functionally and then out of nowhere I hit a ball sideways again. scared and uncomfortable now I s-worded 5 more balls of my remaining 20. if u know how do u get rid of the bad shot disease? is it a lack of mental focus? I know traditionally it's your weight sliding through before your hands but I don't know. if it continues I'll videotape and post it. it's a terrible feeling not being confident with a golf club in my hands. HELP?!

GMDNP1...this is something that can be very scary. You are dead on when you say is it mental and does it come from a slide through impact. What you need to do next time you are at the range is focus. By that I mean do your preshot routine and get ready to hit your shot. Now pick a small spot on the golf ball where you want to deliver the club head. Getting this focused will get you back in the game.

As a side note you may want to warm up with the feet together to get the feel of a turn back and through. Try to pay attention to the feel in the lower body while you do this. Eliminating the slide will help as well. Keep me in the loop and let me know how things are going for you.

GMDNP1...this is something that can be very scary. You are dead on when you say is it mental and does it come from a slide through impact. What you need to do next time you are at the range is focus. By that I mean do your preshot routine and get ready to hit your shot. Now pick a small spot on the golf ball where you want to deliver the club head. Getting this focused will get you back in the game.

As a side note you may want to warm up with the feet together to get the feel of a turn back and through. Try to pay attention to the feel in the lower body while you do this. Eliminating the slide will help as well. Keep me in the loop and let me know how things are going for you.

I absolutely love the feet together drill. Since I have learned this from amollerud it has helped my balance 1000 percent. Thanks Pro!

Back