Sharkwrestler Fine Tuning His swing @ Golftec

sharkwrestler

One bad arse Dude
Reaction score
Handicap
I've been working on my swing this summer. Now it's getting down to small adjustments .
In these pics the top frame my instructor identified that I was getting too wristy on the take away and going inside and flat.

The bottom frame shows a much better take away angle that will set up for a much improved result at the top.
This has taken some getting use to with all the new thoughts streaming through my head at set up.

Picture4-1.jpg

Nice work Shark! It's a long and tough process but you'll enjoy the results my man! Good luck.

Nice work Shark! It's a long and tough process but you'll enjoy the results my man! Good luck.

Thanks a lot TC that means a lot to me coming from you bro.

Thanks a lot TC that means a lot to me coming from you bro.

It's a massive labor of love buddy. I went through a pretty extensive change leading up to the last MC and it's difficult to get the thoughts out of your head and just let the instincts take over.

Thanks for sharing your pics and progress.

That is awesome Sharkwrestler. Golftec is going to help refine that sweet game you have now. I can't wait to see the results. I think I have dropped about 5 strokes off my handicap since I started with them. Keep us informed.

dude, it's awesome you're doing this. Looking forward to seeing you with your new swing in the fall

Looking good my friend. You'll be kicking butt in Orlando in the spring.

It's amazing the differences in those positions buddy. You'll be way more consistent in the end. I love it!

Congrats buddy! good luck with the journey

Nice work Sharkwrestler, love the big change there with the position of the club and you are going to be hitting much more consistently soon. Just takes enough reps so that you are not thinking about it.

Nice work Jim, I took a couple of individual lessons last year and then worked on things myself and I got alot better, but to get over the hurdle I am at now is going to require consistant work....since I already know I am in the Morgan Cup next year, I am going to start a long series of sessions with GolfTec myself. I need to become a more consistent ball striker.

Thanks for sharing your progress.

Whoa, that's a big difference Jim! Good for you dude, hit em well.

That's some really good work Shark. Awesome-looking positions at the end. Keep up the good work dude!

Nice stuff Jim! That is quite the difference man. As you know, I have quite the flat swing as well and I have been wondering if it's time to try and work on it. You definitely have me pondering!

Nice stuff Jim! That is quite the difference man. As you know, I have quite the flat swing as well and I have been wondering if it's time to try and work on it. You definitely have me pondering!

These changes don't come easy Mike.
Coolbreeze hit the nail on the head with needing many reps to get consistent and not having to think about what you are doing.

Coolbreeze hit the nail on the head with needing many reps to get consistent and not having to think about what you are doing.

I believe it dude. Swinging generally the same way for 20 years myself and know it would be difficult to break all of the poor swing habits I have. Plus it makes me unique. :alien:

Seriously though, that is why the work is so impressive and as someone else said, it will make you more consistent. Awesome job man!

That is so true dude. I am still struggling staying away from my old swing. Keep at it and lots of reps.

I went from flat to upright and it took me almost two years to ingrain this change. In fact I am still working on it but ever so often I see some really strong results. I guess it takes us older guys longer to remember things :bulgy-eyes:. You are gonna love the better swing plane and hang with it dude, until it feels natural no matter how long it takes.

Hey shark, Are you doing this at the Rockville GolfTec?

Gonna be well worth it Jim and you have a solid game to begin with so it should be a short struggle. Good luck dude!!

Awesome, my smooth talking buddy is going to be my smooth swinging buddy too. Keep up the good work Jim, the before an after pics are pretty cool.

Great work Jim! I had/have the same issue with getting flat on the downswing and getting inside. I can't speak highly enough of Golftec and their teaching techniques.

John Deere Tap'n

Back