drb1956

Reaction score
Handicap
25+
Have a Ping G410 SFT, which came with an Alta CB 55g Reg. flex shaft. I like to tinker, and feeling that the 55g was just a little too whippy for me, I purchased a Graffalloy ProLaunch 65 in Reg. flex. So, it felt better, and has good control, but as of late, just don't seem to be carrying the ball as far off the tee. Today I will be playing a round later in the day, I have switched back to the 55g shaft, just to see if it will help with the distance. At 67, most would say I should be playing Senior flex shafts, being that my swing speed is only about 80 mph with the driver, but I worry about control with too light, or too much flex. I do struggle to get out of the tee box, and in the fairway at times. Any thoughts on this subject is appreciated...

I’ve seen quite a few of the guys at my club that are age 70 or older switch to a lighter driver such as the XXIO Prime 11 and pick up 10+ yards. The Autoflex shaft sees to work for some of them but the high price turns a lot people off.

I’ve seen quite a few of the guys at my club that are age 70 or older switch to a lighter driver such as the XXIO Prime 11 and pick up 10+ yards. The Autoflex shaft sees to work for some of them but the high price turns a lot people off.
XXIO is pricey stuff!! Hopefully the lighter shaft will help me pick up at least 10 yards. Lets see what happens this afternoon..

XXIO is pricey stuff!! Hopefully the lighter shaft will help me pick up at least 10 yards. Lets see what happens this afternoon..
There are lots of options on eBay if you look at one a year or two old. XXIO depreciates fast.

IMG_0566.jpeg

Well, front nine was a disaster. Teed off at 48*, by the turn it was 43*, at 18, dropped to 39*. Windy the whole round. Lost 4 balls on the front. Driver WAS NOT my friend on the front, or the start of back. Lost 1 ball on the back. Started with an 8 on the first hole-par 4. Double bogie for 3 holes, then 2 triple bogies, bogie, another triple on a par 3, with 2 lost balls, then go out with another triple-60 on the score card.. Had to take a long break in the pro shop to warm up. Started the back with a par on a par 3. Bogie, then 2 snowmen, one on a par 4, then on a par 5. Par, par, bogie, finished double, double-49. Man, I don't know what was going on on the front, but it was brutal!! Back was looking a lot better. So, I play the Maxfli Softfli matte yellow as my gamer, but on 13, found a Straightfli. Teed off with it the rest of the way. Tee shot on 14 was the best all day, followed by the one on 15. Approaches were really close, being pin high, even when not on the green. Tee shots coming in were really good using the Straightfli ball. It would tail to the right, but stayed in the fairway. I might just have to get a box of these for further testing, and not the Softfli gloss like I was intending to do. Ball jumped off the driver, and fairway wood, with good distance, and direction. Game seemed to turn on a dime, and I felt good about any shots I was taking. I will make a trip to Dicks to stock up for further examination. I'm pretty sure they have them in yellow. Anyone try this ball? Rough day on the course, but I am looking for positives to build on, and if this ball "can help" me, so be it!

Back