Shaft question - project x versus kbs tour

sethg

Reaction score
Handicap
Was looking at shafts and wanted to know whether you would say the 5.0 5.5 or 6.0 is closest to the KBS Tour in terms of stiffness

Sorry i meant if you are comparing a kbs stiff tour shaft to a project x which project x shaft would be most similar in stiffness

I have read a couple of different numbers sethg. I have heard most often that KBS tour stiff measures out to px 6.0. KBS is a phenomenal shaft. I have the stiff softstepped once in some Ping G15's and they are like heaven.

Thanks that helps a lot. When you soft step does that change the weight of the shaft?

Not that I know of. Softstepping just means taking a 3 iron shaft and putting it in a 4 iron and so on down the set.

Not that I know of. Softstepping just means taking a 3 iron shaft and putting it in a 4 iron and so on down the set.

So does hard stepping mean tip trimming then? Trying to learn all this lingo that didn't exist 10 years ago.

No hardstepping means you stick a 4 iron shaft in a 3 iron. In the KBS at least softstepping means you can take the stiff which is around 6.0 and softstep it down to a stiffness of around 5.6 or 5.7. Sounds like not much but it really made a big difference for me. The KBS stiff was too much for me. Softstepping it made it perfect. By the way this is off the top of my head so I can be very wrong here. I'm pretty sure though that softstepping a club is putting the 3 into the 4 and so on. I'm a novice at all this shaft stuff also.

Thainer you could be right. Let me go look it up.

Edit: No I was right. The thing I don't know is how you cut the shafts to make them the proper length.

Back