Scottie Scheffler wins 2024 Arnold Palmer Invitational, WITB

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Scottie Scheffler wins the Arnold Palmer invitational running away, here's a look at the gear he won with.

Driver:
TaylorMade Qi10 8* w/ Fujikura Ventus Black 7 X
3-wood:
TaylorMade Qi10 15* w/ Fujikura Ventus Black 8 X
Irons:
Srixon ZU85 (3, 4) w/ Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Hybrid Prototype 10 X
TaylorMade P7TW (5-PW) w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges:
Titleist Vokey Design SM8 50-12F, 56-14F, Titleist Vokey Design WedgeWorks Proto 60.5-T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Putter:
TaylorMade Spider Tour X
Ball:
Titleist Pro V1

Most noticeably is the change in the flatstick, after struggling greatly with the Olson he was rolling, moving to a mallet style putter in the Tour showed some instant results on the greens!

He rolled the flatstick SO well this weekend.

Honestly, if the dude figures out how to putt - the other guys are in big trouble haha

I honestly had no clue he was playing a Srixon Utility

He rolled the flatstick SO well this weekend.

Honestly, if the dude figures out how to putt - the other guys are in big trouble haha
Thursday/Friday he was rolling it just ok. Weekend hit, and you could tell that he got a lot more comfortable with the change. Seeing him drain a 35 ft putt for birdie was awesome.

If all of a sudden he is a threat on the green...he's going to go on a roll.

His putting was really really good this weekend. One thing I find interesting is how many pros only go 5-PW in their bag. It seems like 4-PW is becoming slightly less common

I rarely pay attention to what is in a tour pro's bag honestly.
Makes sense. Not super relevant and with a lot of guys you can probably put together a really good guess

What the tour guys plays typically has no impact on what goes in my bag.

However, I am always intrigued by their bags, especially when there is a small change that yields instant results. Case in point here, blade putter to a mallet putter, instant win.

What the tour guys plays typically has no impact on what goes in my bag.

However, I am always intrigued by their bags, especially when there is a small change that yields instant results. Case in point here, blade putter to a mallet putter, instant win.
I don't disagree at all. If I see a WITB I'll check it out briefly but the odds of me remembering are slim to none haha. Though the putter when its such a known issue I'm more likely to remember than a random club or shaft choice.

Should Scheffler send some cash Rory's way for the mallet advice?

He was an absolute beast with the putter though. 17 of 17 inside 15 feet! That's freaking ridiculous :eek:

Should Scheffler send some cash Rory's way for the mallet advice?
Rory freaking called it a few weeks ago. Said Scottie should move to a mallet, and KNEW if he did it would not be great for the rest of the field.

Srixon utility and some old wedges.

Rory freaking called it a few weeks ago. Said Scottie should move to a mallet, and KNEW if he did it would not be great for the rest of the field.
Scottie putting the ego aside seemed to be huge step to improve his putting game. Granted a SC isn't as bladed as an 8802, but I guess the extra confidence with the mallet made a big difference. Now, only if I can put my ego aside and bench my SC lol

$350 putter and a $10 grip. I’m a WITB ho and don’t care to admit it.

Already seeing those things at $500.

Its clearly the mallet change 😂

SG Putting +1.09 for the week. First time above +1 in the last 12 months. If he keeps this going he keeps winning. He's demonstrated that he can still top ten with below avg SGP. The difference for him is winning

Glad he got the putter worked out.

What's in their bag changes from course to course depending on what they need. Note to PGAT: this is how the tournament is supposed to look. Get as many good players in that you can.

Mallet was a good call.

1 tourney in, seems to be working out quite well.
will ferrell anchorman GIF

Back