Ruidoso, NM: best little golf town?

• been there, great place to gamble!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WestTex

I'm the bomb.com
Reaction score
Handicap
For the holidays my family is heading up to Ruidoso NM to stuff down some turkey. I am praying the weather is nice so I can possibly get a crack at the only course in the area that I haven't played yet; the now Alto Lakes owned Outlaw course. I've played golf is lots of places, but I can never believe the amount of quality courses that are in such a small town. NOTHING in my neck of the woods compares to some of these courses, but I always wonder if anyone outside of west Texas and Eastern NM even know that these courses exist?

So post away if you know and love these great courses in the middle of freaking nowhere!!!!

Courses btw are:
Rainmaker: long....stupid long
Alto Lakes/Kokopelli/Outlaw: what a triple threat!
Inn of the Mountain gods: Flag ship for all other courses here.
The Links at Sierra Blanca: Links in the mountains? who would have guessed?
Cree Meadows Country Club: its just plain pretty, and cheap!
Innsbrook Village Country Club: Walk out your back door to #4

If there seems to be quite a few who know/want to know about these courses I'll post a whole review, just want to see who all is out there :)

Last edited:
never been there but I'm still young

Not yet but I'm looking forward to it. You've piqued my interest for sure so I'll add these to the queue when I start playing travel golf.

In high school, I played there every year. We always had a 2 day tourney, playing 54 holes on 3 different courses, including The Inn, Cree Meadows and Alto. Best tournament of the year, without a doubt...and beautiful country.

Back