Rotating Hips to Fast

sherwoodnatl

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey THP.
Just a question about the swing. Ive had some trouble lately rotating my hips to fast on the downswing and this makes my shots generally push to the right It happens with all clubs but my wedges and putter of course.

I was wondering what would be a drill toget the correct hip rotation (or just correct my issue) on iron and wood shots?

You might want to post this in the "Ask a Pro" section if you're not able to get answers here :)

What it sounds like to me is that you are having a hard time getting your wrists to turn over. I have found that when I get to quick with my hips I end up pulling the ball. One thing that you can try is to get your wrists more involved. When I have issues pushing or slicing the ball I start by thinking in my head to try to hook it. This will get you to start turning you wrists over faster and help with your timing. Once you start hooking it just dial it back a touch and you should be good. Dont know if this will help you but it helps me quite a bit.

What it sounds like to me is that you are having a hard time getting your wrists to turn over. I have found that when I get to quick with my hips I end up pulling the ball. One thing that you can try is to get your wrists more involved. When I have issues pushing or slicing the ball I start by thinking in my head to try to hook it. This will get you to start turning you wrists over faster and help with your timing. Once you start hooking it just dial it back a touch and you should be good. Dont know if this will help you but it helps me quite a bit.

+1..well said H2

Back