Rory McIlroy splits from Horizon management

dhjkelly

BOO
Reaction score
Handicap
His good mate McDowell was fairly scathing in a interview he gave to Sky sports after playing the volvo matchplay on the European tour

Oh and any reason you could just put this in the Rory McIlroy thread ;-)

WOW!!! I guess Rory just wants to be a standout individual. Money management with family is not always the best option to take. As to why he made this call, I have no clue on why he would drop an agent that helped him get the contract he now has. It's Selfish in my opinion but Rory is doing what he has to do and nobody is going to win tournaments for him. It's his choice and I'm sure he hopes it won't go sour or backfire.

His agent will leave horizon to come to him soon. Had to deny due to contractual obligations.

Regardless of where he goes from here it seems like a huge risk to take. Axing the management team is kinda extreme to me. Was talking to my dad and he said Rory is setting up his own management company so yeah Thainer you could be right about someone from Horizon joining him.

Rory needs to be careful. Taking control of everything may save you money in the long run, but it certainly can distract you from the business of playing golf.

Terrible move. Way too many horror stories about athletes working with family members. Not saying it wont work, but just seems to be a move that adds unneeded risk to his life.

Rory seems a bit rudderless at the moment.

Has Rory made a statement yet as to why he is doing this?

His mind needs to be on golf, not on managing his business affairs.

Back