Robinhood App $Zero Commision Trades

coers

@andrewcoers
Reaction score
Groveland,IL Central Illinois/Just south of Peoria
Handicap
Just seen that this app is now available through Itunes. I signed up for it like 2 years ago becuase I seen it and I hate paying the $7 trade fee from Scottrade. Didn't know if someone else knows more about and what your thoughts are.

http://www.robinhood.com

Man figured someone else would have came across this free stock trading app.

Just saw this thread. A friend gave me an invite last week, and I bought some shares with the service - so far, so good. The few other folks I know who have been using it have had no issues taking money in or out.

I struggle to put money into something that seems like it has a lot of question marks. Only making money on API and margins after taking in 16 million in investors is a scary thing this early on my end.

Nothing wrong with it mind you, just my philosophy on sticking with another at this time.

I struggle to put money into something that seems like it has a lot of question marks. Only making money on API and margins after taking in 16 million in investors is a scary thing this early on my end.

Nothing wrong with it mind you, just my philosophy on sticking with another at this time.

I agree, I'd rather pay higher fees

Yeah, for that reason, I'm not putting very much money in at all and just testing the waters. Pretty much the entirety of my investments are via my retirement plan at work (which has extremely generous match, so I max that out), and I've never really done much w/ the stock market. For the reasons you stated, I'd probably look towards an established broker were I to start trading more.

Robinhood App $Zero Commision Trades

It says it has SIPC coverage so I wouldn't worry too much about losing it (assuming they're truthful). I'd do a lot more investigating before I trusted a company with my personal information though.

Back