Rife 2 bar putter refurb

Lou W

Reaction score
Handicap
A few question on rehabbing a Rife Putter. the shaft broke near the hosel. The silver part was not part of the shaft and there is a casting/stud whatever that’s within the silver stub and in the old shaft. Before I start heating it up I’m wondering if anyones cone across this construction method and if it’s removable. I know I can always measure the angle and redrill on my drill press. Also …. How do the face weights come out and the bars in the back ,if at all?

It’s just a little project but I do like the putter
i also sent Rife customer service an email but have had no response. TIA

53D11305-BFBE-454C-AFA4-A9599BADE0C5.jpeg

1658504393107.png

That will be a good looking putter when it is all cleaner up again. I'm not sure at all about the connection on that, I would have thought the inner portion is the actual connection to the putter head, the outer ring being left-over shaft after the break. Very curious how you make out with this.

Update: if you happen to have 2 bar putter you need to work on. Took the torch out and warmed the stud stub up. Turns out it doesn’t pull out but has a left hand thread stud with a trim ring . The rear weights came out with an Allen wrench but it sure didn’t look like it took an Allen key. Next step, mike the bore and find a shaft that fits and/or hit the industrial supply store and find a left hand thread stud if needed
48E90AD6-8B37-4A7E-9ED3-6E2DC0EC2027.jpeg

Update: if you happen to have 2 bar putter you need to work on. Took the torch out and warmed the stud stub up. Turns out it doesn’t pull out but has a left hand thread stud with a trim ring . The rear weights came out with an Allen wrench but it sure didn’t look like it took an Allen key. Next step, mike the bore and find a shaft that fits and/or hit the industrial supply store and find a left hand thread stud if needed
View attachment 9107159
Nice you got that figured out. Sounds like a fun project. Always found those putters interesting. Look forward to seeing how it turns out!

View attachment 9107159
Did you finish your project? My challenge is finding a left handed center shafted original version of the 2 bar mallet in decent shape. Wondering if I could take a right handed one, pull the shaft / stud, bore a left hand hole and refit shaft. Probably use a plug on the prior hole ? Any thoughts? Know anyone who does this type of work ?

Back