Refreshing an old set of adams?

justuravggolfer

Reaction score
hello i have an old set of idea a7s. I want to take the paint of of the heads and was wondering if sticking them in paint stripper would hurt the heads themselves? also wondering if it would hurt the hybrid heads as well? im looking at rebuilding them so i can play them.

I believe @Jman has dealt with some refinishing.

hello i have an old set of idea a7s. I want to take the paint of of the heads and was wondering if sticking them in paint stripper would hurt the heads themselves? also wondering if it would hurt the hybrid heads as well? im looking at rebuilding them so i can play them.
Paint stripper shouldn’t hurt, that said, I always use citrustrip because it’s given me the best results and it’s for sure not effected anything

perfect thats exactly what i was looking for. how about sanding the tops of the hybrids to get gashes out of them would that affect the club the marks arent that bad but are ugly

perfect thats exactly what i was looking for. how about sanding the tops of the hybrids to get gashes out of them would that affect the club the marks arent that bad but are ugly

I would say it depends how much you sand down - If it is substantial, you might feel an issue with the swing weight by making the club head lighter.

alright because they arent really that significant so i dont think there will be too muck i have to take off

Back