Recipe Recipe of the Week - Veggie and Cheese Egg Muffins

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
On this weeks episode of The Worst Golf Podcast I shared with you an easy, healthy, freezer friendly, Veggie and Egg Muffin recipe. You can use any vegetables or meat you would like. The recipe below calls for broccoli, but I have done spinach, kale, tomatoes, and even bacon or sausage, you can simply use the recipe as a guide but change up the filling and the cheeses too. I have used cheddar, mexican cheese blend, mozzarella, whatever you have on hand.

BROCCOLI AND CHEESE EGG MUFFINS
Prep Time: 5 mins, Cook Time: 20 mins, Servings: 4

IMG_0421.jpg

INGREDIENTS
  • 4 cups broccoli florets
  • 4 whole large eggs
  • 1 cup egg whites
  • 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar, Sargento
  • 1/4 cup good grated cheese like pecorino romano
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • cooking spray
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Steam broccoli with a little water for about 6-7 minutes.
  3. When broccoli is cooked, crumble into smaller pieces and add olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
  4. Spray a standard size non-stick cupcake tin with cooking spray and spoon broccoli mixture evenly into 9 tins.
  5. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites, eggs, grated cheese, salt and pepper.
  6. Pour into the greased tins over broccoli until a little more than 3/4 full.
  7. Top with grated cheddar and bake in the oven until cooked, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
  8. Wrap any leftovers in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator to enjoy during the week.

Looks good!

Made these today, thanks for the recipe @GolferGal!

E98FEB76-BF69-46E5-952A-11F158001DF3.jpeg

pretty good aren’t they?
Delicious! They’ll be a great grab ‘n’ go snack before golf in the morning!

• Admin
I did a version of these this past weekend with all egg whites, spinach, chicken bacon, and everything but the bagel seasoning with a sprinkle of cheddar on top.....DELICIOUS!

• Admin
I made the everything bagel ones again today and my goodness they are so good. I highly recommend it.

Did the everything bagel version again, this time with breakfast sausage and tomatoes. Also trying a new recipe for protein pancake and sausage muffins bites. I’m food prepping like crazy tonight.

Did the everything bagel version again, this time with breakfast sausage and tomatoes. Also trying a new recipe for protein pancake and sausage muffins bites. I’m food prepping like crazy tonight.
Protein pancakes sounds like a winner.

I am interested in hearing about the protein pancake ones.

How many egg whites (roughly) is one cup of egg whites? Do you separate them your self or buy egg whites?

How many egg whites (roughly) is one cup of egg whites? Do you separate them your self or buy egg whites?
I have not tried them yet, but here is the recipe I used https://jordosworld.com/pancake-sausage-bites/

I used amylu chicken breakfast sausage because that is what I had on hand.

I use liquid egg whites, they are much cheaper and less waste then cracking a whole egg.

Just had these for breakfast, make these! They are so good!! And it's 3 ingredients.

Back