Recipe Recipe of the Week - Hash Brown Egg White Nests

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
On this weeks episode of The Worst Golf Podcast I shared this recipe for Hash Brown Egg White Nests. I am posting the recipe as written by the original author but I made changes to the one I made. I skipped the turkey or ham because warm deli meat is gross, and have used turkey sausage or bacon, or chicken sausage or bacon instead. You can also skip the meat if you prefer. I also used shedded cheddar cheese, because that is what I had on hand.

Play around with the veggies, cheese and meat to make it what you like.

This make 6 full Nests (from a full size muffin tin), Serving size is 2 nests

Hash-Brown-Egg-White-Nests-10.jpg

Recipe from https://www.skinnytaste.com/hash-brown-egg-white-nests/#recipe

Ingredients

For the Hash brown Mix:​

Egg Mixture:​

• 1 cup egg whites or egg beaters, beaten
  • 2 tbsp onions, diced
  • 1/4 cup bell peppers, diced
  • 1 oz reduced fat Swiss cheese, chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 oz turkey ham, or regular ham, diced

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375F°. Lightly spray a nonstick 6-muffin tin with oil spray.
  2. Combine potatoes, 1/2 cup onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Fill each muffin tin with 1/4 cup of potatoes and press along the side of the tin so that it forms a nest.
  3. Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown and edges are crispy.
  4. While nests are baking, combine the egg whites with remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
  5. Remove nests from the oven when golden brown.
  6. Fill each cup with about 3 tbsp of egg mixture. Return to the oven and bake an additional 17-20 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.

Notes

Makes 6. You can double this to make 12.

Nutrition

Serving: 2 muffins, Calories: 134 kcal, Carbohydrates: 15 g, Protein: 13 g, Fat: 2 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 0.5 g

These sound delicious! Been doing a simple egg, veggie and cheese one for the kids lately, but the addition of hash browns puts this one a whole different level.

Will be making these. Easy to grab and go with in the mornings. Looks amazing.

I made something very similar this morning after the wife fixing it for herself yesterday. I used regular eggs though. It was more of a bowl as well. 3 eggs, 1 cup of shredded hashbrowns, 2 turkey sausage patties and sprinkle of cheese and put it in the microwave.

These look good

I need these in my life! Recipe printed!

Here is something similar and it's great for long travels. I use Turkey Bacon.16971094137955220963682960880612.jpg

Back