Recipe Recipe of the Week - Cheddar Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
On this weeks episode of Worst Golf Podcast I shared this recipe for Cheddar Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf. With football in full swing, I thought a twist on something buffalo would be fun.

Cheddar-Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf
Makes 4 Servings, Recipe from https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/bu...T3N5iBLUQ7277jcKdpZSb7i-hRn0v7bz-yDv-m0sRMbPU

Cheddar-Stuffed-Buffalo-Chicken-Meatloaf-5-340x340.jpg

Ingredients

• 1 pound lean ground chicken (or sub turkey)
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons your favorite buffalo sauce
  • ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs (or sub gluten free breadcrumbs)
  • ½ white onion, very finely diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (or about ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese)
  • For topping:
  • 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, divided
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl combine chicken, egg, buffalo sauce, panko breadcrumbs, garlic, diced white onion, salt and pepper. Use your hands or a large spoon to mix until well combined. Personally, I find that it's much easier to combine the ingredients if you use your hands.
  3. Place half of the meat mixture on the prepared baking sheet and shape into a 9x5 inch rectangle. Place cheddar evenly in the middle, leaving about an 1/2 inch of room on the sides. Top with the remaining meat mixture, enclosing the cheese completely and sealing the sides/edges together. You should get a nice oval shape.
  4. Spread half of the buffalo sauce on top of the meatloaf (1/4 cup), reserve the other half for brushing on when the meatloaf is finished baking. Remember not to double dip here!
  5. Bake meatloaf for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. Top with remaining sauce and allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into 4 slices. Top with diced green onion and serve with your favorite ranch or blue cheese dressing!
Nutrition
Serving: 1serving (based on 4) Calories: 317calCarbohydrates: 9.3gProtein: 29gFat: 16.8gSaturated Fat: 7.3gFiber: 0.6gSugar: 1.2g

Thanks, that looks delightful.

On a diet right now so I'm not even going to show this to my wife...

Damn that looks good

I NEED to try this

Depending on your dietary restrictions, all the recipes I post are "healthy".
It's a purchased meal diet with almost three weeks to go. After that I'm sure she'll want to make this one, she loves cheese after all...

It’s a balmy 60 degrees here today, needed some comfort food so thought I’d give this a shot. It’s in the oven as we speak!

It’s a balmy 60 degrees here today, needed some comfort food so thought I’d give this a shot. It’s in the oven as we speak!
Oh that’s fun. I bet you like it

Found some mini pans and went with single serving meatloaves haha. This was a nice change from standard meatloaf. My daughter who claimed she would not eat it ate a whole one haha.

If I had one comment the cheese in the middle was kind of weird at first but I liked it after a few bites. Served it with mashed potatoes and was delish. Will make again

Attachments

• IMG_4804.jpeg
    IMG_4804.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 2
Found some mini pans and went with single serving meatloaves haha. This was a nice change from standard meatloaf. My daughter who claimed she would not eat it ate a whole one haha.

If I had one comment the cheese in the middle was kind of weird at first but I liked it after a few bites. Served it with mashed potatoes and was delish. Will make again
If you are a blue cheese fan, make some blue cheese mashed potatoes

If you are a blue cheese fan, make some blue cheese mashed potatoes
I bet bleu cheese in the middle would be amazing too

So glad you liked it, and your daughter too haha. I liked that is was something different then normal meatloaf too, but also still easy to make like a meatloaf. And I am a sucker for anything with buffalo sauce.

So glad you liked it, and your daughter too haha. I liked that is was something different then normal meatloaf too, but also still easy to make like a meatloaf. And I am a sucker for anything with buffalo sauce.
Yeah exactly my thoughts and some more flavor than just a turkey meatloaf

Oh man, this recipe and the blue cheese idea sounds amazing. Going on the list of recipes to try.

Meatloaf - Yes!

Cheese - Yea!

Buffalo sauce - Yes!!

This will be made soon.

Man that looks tasty!

heidi klum wow GIF by America's Got Talent

Back